Zambia Association of Manufacturers Chief Executive Officer Jobs 2022 – Zambia Jobs. Zambia Association of Manufacturers Zambia programme looking for “Chief Executive Officer”. Applicants with A Advanced (Masters) University degree may apply on or before June 9, 2022.
The Zambia Association of Manufacturers (ZAM) is a registered member-driven Association, representing the interests of the manufacturing sector in Zambia. The Association has been in existence since 1985 and has since enjoyed growth in terms of its membership and recognition as the apex body for manufacturers in Zambia by various stakeholders including the Government, Regional Economic Communities (RECs), and International Organizations. ZAM champions the voice of the manufacturing sector in the country to improve competitiveness and deepen the manufacturing sector’s participation in regional and global trade.
Zambia Association of Manufacturers Chief Executive Officer Jobs 2022
The Zambia Association of Manufacturers has published a job vacancy announcement on May 26, 2022 for qualified Zambia’s to fill in the vacant post of Chief Executive Officer to be based in Lusaka, Zambia.
|Recruiter||Zambia Association of Manufacturers|
|Position||Chief Executive Officer|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Qualification||Advanced (Masters) University degree|
|Experience Required||At least Three years|
|Application Deadline||June 9, 2022|
Zambia Association of Manufacturers Job Vacancy 2022
Roles And Responsibilities
Establish Strategic Direction
- Drive a strong vision for the future of ZAM and establish a path to operationalise, lead and monitor the 2021 – 2026 ZAM Strategic Plan.
- Develop and maintain relevant innovative products and services that increase the availability of high quality, sustainable services, attracting growth of the manufacturing sector and ZAM membership.
- Carry out research and policy advocacy and promotion of favourable policies and conducive business environment for the members of the Association.
- Ensure meaningful monitoring and evaluation of ZAM programs, performance and provide accurate analysis and routine reporting on the impact and performance of the ZAM portfolio.
- Structure the ZAM Secretariat and regional offices to meet the strategic and operational needs of the manufacturing sector.
- Assess ZAM’s internal and external environments to scan for opportunities and modify operations as required.
Manage the ZAM Secretariat
- Lead mentor and build a diverse and experienced team of experts on all financial, programmatic, and staff development issues.
- Oversee policy analysis to support the policy process within the framework of the national development plans and inform evidence-based policy decision-making in Zambia.
- Ensure opportunities exist for the development of all staff and establish capacity-building programs.
- Monitor HR contracts, performance reviews, contract renewals and make decisions on remuneration and contract terms.
- Oversee financial management and maintain budget oversight and ensure the Association is meeting its legal obligations through appropriate delegation, accountability, responsibility, guidance and supervision as well as effective controls for monitoring and reporting.
- Host the Annual General Meeting (AGM) and the Annual Manufacturers
Promote and Sustain Corporate Governance Principles
- Act as, conscientious, Secretary to the ZAM Board and Sub Committee meetings every quarter.
- Develop rigorous management policies and procedures, annual work plans and budgets for recommendation to the Board.
- Effectively manage risk in the Secretariat’s operations.
- Assist in the selection and evaluation of board and committee members.
- Make recommendations and support the Board during orientation and self-evaluation.
- Support the Board’s evaluation of the Chief Executive Officer.
- Ensure the staff and Board have sufficient and up-to-date information through communication systems that ensure the implementation of strict adherence to Board decisions.
- Minimum of three(3) years’ work experience at senior management level, in a private sector organization, private sector development organisation or an organisation that supports private sector development.
- Advanced (Masters) University degree in Strategy Development, Economics, Business Administration or other fields.
- Program management experience leading at least five (5) partner funded programs and projects.
- Knowledge and experience of government policy formulation processes to provide requisite managerial guidance and contribute to substantive output and reputation of the Association.
- Experience and ability to engage in high level policy spaces that enables effective communication with top government officials, private and international sectors.
- Relevant professional experience on trade policy and strategy development.
- Strong ability to mobilise funds, organise effectively, delegate responsibility, solve problems quickly and communicate clearly.
- Ability to manage time, experience in people management and growing people and organisations through effective team work.
- Flexibility to work with minimal support while delivering high quality outputs within tight deadlines and targets.
- Ability to manage conflicts and a person of good standing and repute in society with high integrity, transparency and accountability virtues.
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills and oral and writing skills.
- Organisation: Zambia Association of Manufacturers (ZAM)
- Position: Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
- Location: Lusaka, Zambia Type of contract: 3-year renewable Contract (6-month Probation Period)
- Start Date: Immediately
- Application Deadline: 9th June 2022
- Reporting to: Zambia Association of Manufacturers Board
How to Apply Zambia Association of Manufacturers Chief Executive Officer Jobs 2022
All applications will be received at email@example.com. Interested applicants should attach a CV (in English) and a motivation letter (of 350 words or less) describing how their experience, skills and background meet the essential requirements of this role before the application deadline at 17hrs Central African Time (CAT) on 9th June 2022. Applicants will be required to provide names, contact numbers, and e-mail addresses of 3 referees; certified copies of degrees/diplomas; academic transcripts NRC and Passport Copy.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The Zambia Association of Manufacturers is committed to Employment Diversity and Inclusion. ZAM retains the right not to make an appointment and to verify all information provided by candidates.
Please note that correspondence will only be entered into with shortlisted candidates.