WORLD BANK Energy Specialist Jobs 2022 – Zambia Jobs. WORLD BANK Zambia looking for “Energy Specialist”. Applicants with A Masters’ level degree may apply on or before 04 August 2022.
WORLD BANK Energy Specialist Jobs 2022
The WORLD BANK has published a job vacancy announcement on 18 July 2022 for qualified Zambia’s to fill in the vacant post of Energy Specialist to be based in Lusaka, Zambia.
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Qualification||Masters’ level degree|
|Experience Required||At least five years|
|Application Deadline||04 August 2022|
WORLD BANK Job Vacancy 2022
Duties & Accountabilities: The Southern Africa Energy Unit (IAEE3) seeks an Energy Specialist based in Lusaka, Zambia, to support the unit’s strategic, advisory, and operational work. Specifically, the incumbent will engage in analytical work and in investment operations in Zambia and Zimbabwe (and possibly other countries covered by the unit). The overall work program centers on sector and utility reform, expanding access to modern energy services, and increasing regional integration.
The responsibilities of the selected candidate will include:
- As part of project teams, prepare, appraise, negotiate and supervise investment operations in the energy sector;
- Work with project teams to design and implement initiatives to finance and support utility/sector reform;
- Contribute to analytical work related to the shift towards clean energy and development of strategies for increasing energy access in Eastern and Southern Africa in a sustainable manner;
- Learn and lead the preparation and processing of grant financing requests, lending operations, analytic work, and reporting in line with Bank systems and processes;
- Support teams on strategic energy issues and implementation of the sub-region’s access agenda, including efforts to increase the participation of the private sector in energy;
- Actively participate in overseeing World Bank-supported energy country programs in the region with the aim to enhance quality and pro-poor focus and accelerate implementation;
- Contribute to business development in selected countries (predominantly in Zambia);
- Develop and maintain close relationships with local public and private stakeholders, support policy dialogue and keep abreast of developments in the energy sector.
Qualification & Experience:
- A Masters’ level degree in engineering, energy planning, finance, economics, business administration or equivalent areas;
- At least five years of relevant experience in the energy sector with demonstrated ability to engage credibly on a range of issues in the energy sector in developing countries;
- Operational experience as a technical specialist with demonstrated experience on working in investment operations is desirable;
- Experience in working in the energy sector in Zambia would be an added advantage;
- Direct experience in at least one of the following areas: utility management; energy project management; on-grid and off-grid electrification models and their applications in a development country context; required legal and regulatory frameworks to incentivize private sector investments in the energy sector; variable renewable energy development and grid integration; approaches used in energy sector development planning; and energy efficiency and demand-side-management models applicable to electricity supply systems;
- Hands-on project management experience, an ability to efficiently manage many activities simultaneously, a flair for problem-solving and an ability to self-navigate through complex bureaucratic environments;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and proven ability to build strong partnerships with clients, different stakeholders and colleagues across units and departmental boundaries in a multi-cultural environment with virtual teams located in different countries;
- Good written and oral communication skills in English, including an ability to communicate complex issues in simple terms and to engage in evidence-based dialogue with clients.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply WORLD BANK Energy Specialist Jobs 2022
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 04 August 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
The World Bank Group (WBG) is one of the world’s largest sources of funding and knowledge for development solutions – providing loans, grants, equity investments and guarantees to its members and private businesses. The vision of the World Bank Group (WBG) is the eradication of extreme poverty and the promotion of shared prosperity by fostering income growth of the bottom 40 percent in each country.