World Agroforestry Consultant Nutrition Research and Food Composition Jobs 2022 – Zambia Jobs. World Agroforestry Zambia looking for “Consultant Nutrition Research and Food Composition”. Applicants with A University Degree may apply on or before 26 September 2022.
World Agroforestry Consultant Nutrition Research and Food Composition Jobs 2022
The World Agroforestry has published a job vacancy announcement on 14 September 2022 for qualified Zambia’s to fill in the vacant post of Consultant Nutrition Research and Food Composition to be based in Lusaka, Zambia.
|Position||Consultant Nutrition Research and Food Composition|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||A minimum of 3 years|
|Application Deadline||26 September 2022|
World Agroforestry Job Vacancy 2022
Job Summary: The Nutrition Consultant will provide strategic nutrition expertise to the ICRAF project “Piloting incentive-based agricultural portfolios for nutrition and resilience in Zambia”. S/He will collate food consumption requirements based on Food consumption surveys datasets and compile food composition data for identified/ prioritized food species, and map nutritional values (including % RDA values for species in the projects recommendations (the food tree and crop portfolios), using ICRAF database, other food composition databases and literature.
Objectives of the Evaluation:
- To undertake a literature review on food composition for Zambia based on available data and reports, and
- To collate food composition data based on food consumption survey datasets and using CIFOR-ICRAF’s Food Composition Database.
- Project expected results
The deliverables and outputs will include:
- Undertaking, compiling, preparing and submit a report based on literature review on available data and reports on food composition in Zambia, and
- Collating, compiling, and submitting food composition database for Zambia based on data collected in the baselines.
- An advanced degree in nutrition science, Food sciences or related field.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience working actively as a registered nutritionist in Zambia.
- Highly skilled in food composition tables development, conversion of food portions to food groups and to the recommended daily intake (RDIs) statistics.
- An in-depth knowledge of nutrition research methods, and good understanding of the foods consumed, their nutritional values, and food sources and consumption trends in Zambia.
- An extensive hands-on experience working with food composition data for different purposes for a large institution, organization, or region such as a hospital or district.
- Demonstrated experience working on collating nutrition information and data, nutrition data analysis and developing food composition databases
- Keen on generating impact on health through customized dietary approaches.
- Good analytical mind with capabilities of making sense from a large volume of datasets.
- An interest in understanding of the science behind nutrition, particularly how food contributes to nutrition.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply World Agroforestry Consultant Nutrition Research and Food Composition Jobs 2022
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 26 September 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
World Agroforestry (ICRAF) is a centre of science and development excellence that harnesses the benefits of trees for people and the environment. Leveraging the world’s largest repository of agroforestry science and information, we develop knowledge practices, from farmers’ fields to the global sphere, to ensure food security and environmental sustainability.
ICRAF is the only institution that does globally significant agroforestry research in and for all of the developing tropics. Knowledge produced by ICRAF enables governments, development agencies and farmers to utilize the power of trees to make farming and livelihoods more environmentally, socially and economically sustainable at scales.