WFP Programme Policy Officer Jobs 2022 – Zambia Jobs. WFP Zambia programme looking for “Programme Policy Officer”. Applicants with A University degree may apply on or before 06 June 2022.
The World Food Programme is the food-assistance branch of the United Nations. It is the world’s largest humanitarian organization, the largest one focused on hunger and food security, and the largest provider of school meals. Founded in 1961, it is headquartered in Rome and has offices in 80 countries.
WFP Programme Policy Officer Jobs 2022
The WFP has published a job vacancy announcement on 24 May 2022 for qualified Zambia’s to fill in the vacant post of Programme Policy Officer to be based in Lusaka, Zambia.
|Recruiter||World Food Programme (WFP)|
|Position||Programme Policy Officer|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||3 years|
|Application Deadline||06 June 2022|
WFP Job Vacancy 2022
Organizational Context: WFP Zambia has designed a five-year Country Strategic Plan (CSP) as a result of rigorous consultations with government, donors and other stakeholders, and reflects their appetite to support and partner with WFP in the country. It is informed by, and strongly aligns with, national and United Nations priorities, and global commitments under the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). It embraces the Government’s long-term Vision 2030; aligns with 16 key strategic areas of its current 7th National Development Plan (NDP7); and contributes to the joint Zambia-UN Sustainable Development Partnership Framework (UNSDPF). The CSP is informed by WFP’s long-standing and broad experience in the country, embracing lessons from evaluations and reviews which call for greater synergy, a consolidation of ‘pilot’ initiatives, and improved gender-sensitive approaches to programme design. Finally, it is guided by the Zero Hunger Strategic Review (ZHSR).
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive):
- The incumbent will coordinate Smallholder Farmer (SHF) Support and will be responsible for guiding the SHF support team, providing technical advice in relevant activities in line with WFP standards and processes, and act as a point of referral on SHF analysis and queries.
- Contribute towards the development of tools and processes to strengthen national programmes and initiatives, including supporting development of national government policies, action plans, protocols and guidelines.
- Support the scale up of market access oriented SHF support, particularly on enhancing adoption of virtual farmers markets by SHFs, Intermediary users and off takers, contribute to enhancing user experience and diversity of VFM products and partnerships, operationalization of warehouse receipt system, strengthening the creation of localized sustainable marketing systems such as through aggregation networks, enhance market price information and dissemination through relevant technology.
- Focus on consolidating gains made in setting-up and harmonization of financial products (including weather-based index insurance) to government initiatives, increase meteorological stations to enhance early warning systems. Liaise with UN agencies, NGOs, private and public sector to ensure scale and sustainable exit strategies from direct implementation.
- Support the CO’s strategic shift and provide guidance on post-harvest management activities by helping to enhance private sector business modelling on PHL technologies and practices in addition to facilitating provision of trainings to extension staff on post-harvest management, knowledge management to effectively generate/adapt appropriate post-harvest technologies to minimize food loss, and systems strengthening.
- Support and contribute to donor proposals and reporting.
- Guide the team on field level agreements and general management of Cooperating Partners.
- Support in the provision of guidance on advocacy and communication around nutrition-sensitive smallholder farmer support, climate change adaptation and resilience in general and ensuring that these are integrated into national strategies and programmes.
- Advanced University degree in Economics, Nutrition/Health, Agriculture, Social Sciences, Business, Marketing and other related fields.
- 3 years experience in working within relevant area.
- 2 years experience in project management, business transformation and managing innovative concepts with proven results in achieving programme milestones.
- Good understanding of WFP Zambia Resilience programme.
- Excellent understanding of both the developmental and commercial ecosystem of the Zambia agricultural sector
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply WFP Programme Policy Officer Jobs 2022
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 06 June 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.