WFP Programme Associate Jobs 2022 – Zambia Jobs. WFP Zambia looking for “Programme Associate”. Applicants with A University Degree may apply on or before 23 June 2022.
WFP Programme Associate Jobs 2022
The WFP has published a job vacancy announcement on 13 June 2022 for qualified Zambia’s to fill in the vacant post of Programme Associate to be based in Lusaka, Zambia.
|Recruiter||World Food Programme (WFP)|
|Position||Programme Associate – Vulnerability Assessment & Mapping|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||At least three years|
|Application Deadline||23 June 2022|
WFP Job Vacancy 2022
Job Purpose: To provide effective specialized support and technical analyses to policy and programme activities that effectively meet food assistance needs.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive):
- Contribute to the establishment and maintenance of a food and nutrition security, vulnerability analysis and monitoring, markets, resilience and early warning system to detect changes in the food security and vulnerability situation of populations at risk.
- Manage/conduct food security, nutrition, markets and resilience analysis and prepare timely reports on food assessment needs in line with wider VAM policies, processes and guidance to enable effective decision-making on the development of country strategy, policies and programmes.
- Participate in the annual vulnerability assessments providing required technical support to Government and other stakeholders as well as lead joint assessments with relevant stakeholders where necessary.
- Participate in the design and implementation of WFP programmes with particular emphasis on problem analysis, providing recommendations on targeting of such assistance along geographic, sectoral or socio-economic lines.
- Provide the WFP Country Office with the necessary GIS and mapping services including preparation of thematic (i.e., analytical) maps that support country-level operational functions of WFP such as logistics.
- Lead in the preparation of maps that provide an inventory of local resources and capacities (e.g., infrastructure, personnel, NGO services) that can complement WFP operations.
- Provide the WFP Country Office food security and vulnerability information management capacity by maintaining and updating databases of spatial and socio-economic data and developing mechanisms by which such data are shared with other programme units in the Country Office as well as with partners.
- Coordinate with government departments, UN, NGOs, and other relevant agencies on food security early warning information, contingency planning and response activities and provide synthesized information to WFP.
- Foster partnerships with government and civil society that build upon and strengthen existing capacities for vulnerability analysis, building effective collaboration between WFP units as well as other relevant agencies.
- Supervise market monitoring and updating of the market and other VAM related data in the Country Office and other corporate platforms.
- Advanced University degree in Research, Sociology, Social Development, Economics or Performance Management or other relevant field, or First University degree with additional years of relevant work experience and/or training/courses.
- At least three years of progressively responsible professional post graduate experience in research, monitoring or programme management.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply WFP Programme Associate Jobs 2022
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 23 June 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
The World Food Programme is the food-assistance branch of the United Nations. It is the world’s largest humanitarian organization, the largest one focused on hunger and food security, and the largest provider of school meals. Founded in 1961, it is headquartered in Rome and has offices in 80 countries.