WFP Communications – Reports Officer Jobs 2022 – Zambia Jobs. WFP Zambia looking for “Communications – Reports Officer”. Applicants with A University Degree may apply on or before 13 July 2022.
WFP Communications – Reports Officer Jobs 2022
The WFP has published a job vacancy announcement on 01 July 2022 for qualified Zambia’s to fill in the vacant post of Communications – Reports Officer to be based in Lusaka, Zambia.
|Recruiter||World Food Programme (WFP)|
|Position||Communications – Reports Officer|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||Has gained experience in utilising specialist communications techniques|
|Application Deadline||13 July 2022|
WFP Job Vacancy 2022
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES: The Communications & Reports Officer (NOA) will be supervised by the Head of Unit, Partnerships, Communications & Reports and work closely with the other units in the country office.
The following are expected responsibilities:
- Collate relevant information and data from media and local internal and external sources to facilitate and maximize the exchange of information and data flow between functional area networks in WFP, to provide operational awareness and understanding of events that may have humanitarian and/or operational impact.
- Implement country specific communication work plans designed to maintain and enhance the visibility and reputation of WFP, as well as support fundraising activities ensuring alignment with overall communications and WFP strategies.
- Lead/support the preparation of Annual Country Report (ACR) for the Annual Reporting Exercise in collaboration with the country office programme, monitoring & evaluation, logistics and resource management functions by coordinating to ensure coherence and quality of performance information.
- Contribute to communications through good research, analysis of assigned area of work and timely preparation and distribution of information products. communication activities and strategies to target audience(s); including social media plan by developing social media content, and utilising platforms, networks and partners to enhance coverage and support of WFP’s activities.
- Generate donor specific visibility content including, text, photos, videos and audio for use across a range of integrated online platforms, in order to support global and country fund-raising activities, ensuring consistency with corporate messages.
- Support communications activities that enable informed decision making and ensures consistency of information presented to the media and other stakeholders. Oversee maintenance of a contact list of journalists and media outlets and support the flow of news/information about WFP’s work to the media, in order to support regular and appropriate communications.
- Support capacity building of WFP staff on all aspects of communication; liaise and interact with WFP staff and external counterparts to support aligned activities and a coherent approach to communications within WFP.
- Support staff in assigned area to ensure that standard OIM & PR procedures and templates are followed to drive the quality, consistency and standardisation of information management and performance reporting across WFP. providing advice and guidance within area and level of expertise, in order to ensure that all activities meet desired standards of consistency, quality and impact.
- Guide and supervise more junior staff, acting as a point of referral and supporting them with more complex analysis and queries.
- Perform other assignments as required.
- Advanced University degree in Political Science, Statistics, International Development, Information Management or Journalism, Development Economics, Marketing Communications or other relevant field, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience and/or training/courses.
- Has gained experience in utilising specialist communications techniques to enhance functional outputs
- Has implemented communications and reports management activities by delivering specific activities as defined.
- Has provided direction and instruction to more junior staff members within area of expertise
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply WFP Communications – Reports Officer Jobs 2022
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 13 July 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
The World Food Programme is the food-assistance branch of the United Nations. It is the world’s largest humanitarian organization, the largest one focused on hunger and food security, and the largest provider of school meals. Founded in 1961, it is headquartered in Rome and has offices in 80 countries.