WFP Apollo Project Lead and Supply Chain Officer Jobs 2022 – Zambia Jobs. WFP Zambia programme looking for “Apollo Project Lead and Supply Chain Officer”. Applicants with A Bachelor’s degree may apply on or before 7th June 2022.
The World Food Programme is the food-assistance branch of the United Nations. It is the world’s largest humanitarian organization, the largest one focused on hunger and food security, and the largest provider of school meals. Founded in 1961, it is headquartered in Rome and has offices in 80 countries.
WFP Apollo Project Lead and Supply Chain Officer Jobs 2022
The WFP has published a job vacancy announcement on 24 May 2022 for qualified Zambia’s to fill in the vacant post of Apollo Project Lead and Supply Chain Officer to be based in Lusaka, Zambia.
|Recruiter||World Food Programme (WFP)|
|Position||Apollo Project Lead and Supply Chain Officer|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||Minimum of five (5) years|
|Application Deadline||7th June 2022|
WFP Job Vacancy 2022
Organizational Context: Building on these experiences, WFP is launching a multi-year global initiative (the “Apollo” project) to provide supply chain technical assistance to national public health actors in countries where specific needs and opportunities are identified. In line with national health strategies, WFP will avail and transfer its knowledge and know-how in core supply chain areas, emergency preparedness and response. Working under the direct supervision of the Country Office (CO) Head of Supply Chain, and in close collaboration with the Regional Project Coordinator, WFP delivery partners (Global Fleet Unit, Supply Chain Planning Unit, Logistics Cluster, etc.) and service providers, the incumbent will be responsible for coordinating the design and delivery of a supply chain capacity strengthening portfolio of activities in direct support of the Ministry of Health (MoH), Central Medical Store (CMS) and other relevant public health institutional actors in Zambia.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive):
- Identify country public health supply chain gaps and formulate high value-add health supply chain technical assistance activities in line with WFP’s core strengths.
- Coordinate the implementation of technical assistance activities in support of the Ministry of Health (MOH), Central Medical Store and other relevant entities.
- Design and maintain activity plans in collaboration with delivery partners, measuring progress against the project targets and reporting as per CO and project requirements.
- Provide hands on technical support for the implementation of activities in the areas of fleet management, distribution logistics, inventory management, supply chain planning, emergency preparedness, etc.
- Design and implement processes (SOPs) and tools with WFP delivery partners to improve the performance and maturity of client supply chain operations, preparedness and response to health emergencies.
- Provide day-to-day technical mentoring, coaching, guidance and training to national counterparts and act as a health supply chain and logistics technical advisor.
- Deliver high quality customer-oriented analysis and written deliverables (ppt, word, etc.) and ensure quality of services meets WFP’s and our clients’ standards.
- Maintain strong relationships with government, partners, and donors, at all levels from senior leadership to technical teams in facilities on the ground.
- Monitor donor and technical partners investments and activities in the health supply chain space, seek alignment and technical collaborations to maximize joint impact.
- Provide direct supervision for country project staff as required.
- Manage the CO project budget and financials in collaboration with CO and global project teams.
- Identify project risks and implement timely mitigation measures.
- Support the CO and global project team in promoting the work and results, in developing communication materials and seeking funding opportunities.
- Any other duty as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in logistics and supply chain, engineering, business and/or economy, project management or related fields.
- Minimum of five (5) years of relevant professional experience
- Proven experience in public health supply chains management is needed
- Operational experience coordinating health supply chain projects and logistics
- Experience in capacity strengthening and knowledge transfer initiatives
- Experience working with Ministries of Health and Central Medical Stores
- Proven experience in core functions of transport and inventory management
- Experience working on logistics operations in fragile and/or crisis contexts
- Understanding of WFP’s logistics practices is considered an advantage
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply WFP Apollo Project Lead and Supply Chain Officer Jobs 2022
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 7th June 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.