WeForest Zambia Ltd Finance and Administration Officer Jobs 2022 – Zambia Jobs. WeForest Zambia Ltd Zambia programme looking for “Finance and Administration Officer”. Applicants with A Minimum degree in Accounting/ZICA Licentiate may apply on or before 17 April 2022.
WeForest is an international organization dedicated to planting trees and bringing back forests to make Earth cooler. They use and develop innovative, scalable, and lasting solutions in restoring forest landscapes in different parts of the world – Brazil, India, Zambia, Ethiopia, Burkina Faso
WeForest Zambia Ltd Finance and Administration Officer Jobs 2022
The WeForest Zambia Ltd has published a job vacancy announcement on 07 April 2022 for qualified Zambia’s to fill in the vacant post of Finance and Administration Officer to be based in Mpika, Zambia.
|Recruiter||WeForest Zambia Ltd|
|Position||Finance and Administration Officer|
|Location||Based at the WeForest office in Mpika, Muchinga Province. Work to focus in both Lavushi Manda and Mpika districts|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Qualification||Minimum degree in Accounting/ZICA Licentiate|
|Experience Required||At least 5 years|
|Application Deadline||17 April 2022|
WeForest Zambia Ltd Job Vacancy 2022
Duties and Responsibilities:
WeForest Finance and admin
- Responsible for monitoring the financial progress of projects,such as evaluating the variance between budgeted and actual expenditures, and give advice on the remaining budget available.
- Responsible for managing petty cash for all the different projects and their employees to ensure accurate and timely delivery of financial reports, including cash book management, and posting of transactions into the computer system accounting package.
- Preparing and maintaining the Asset registers for the three projects and periodically review and prepare inventories of the assets
- Prepare, examine, or analyse accounting records, financial statements, or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to International Financial Reporting Standards.
- Manage financial controls, analyse office and project budgets.
- Responsible for procurement of project goods and services approved by the different offices
- Responsible for the administration of insurances, contracting and administrating services in accordance with the institution’s standards and policies.
- Responsible for maintaining files containing important documents related of the society in soft and hard copy
- Support the different project coordinators/managers in coordinating and facilitating all finance and administration tasks for each project
- Assist the different project coordinators/managers with planning and implementing project activities
- Assist with communication and reporting activities of the project
- Support where possible, the field team in facilitating their work such as, but not limited to, data entry, data analysis, transportation of staff to field sites whenever the project driver is indisposed and assist in field activities whenever necessary.
- Any other duties assigned by the project coordinators/managers
- Assist the managers/coordinators with the day to day running of each WeForest office, ensuring that office requisites and equipment are in place for all staff to perform their duties.
CBNRM support with finance and admin
- Together with the Lead Community officer play an active role in building local CBNRM organisations that have a strong governance and ownership
- Guide and support CBNRM organisations to manage their finances and accounts, including cash book management, payroll, ledgers and other aspects of local financial management to ensure each CBNRM organisations adopts good practices in finance and account management and is able to deliver timely and accurate financial reports
- Guid and support CBNRM organisations with good budget management and financial controls
- Prepare, examine, or analyse accounting records, financial statements, or other financial reports from the CBNRM organisations to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards
- Assist the CBNRM organisations with procurement of project goods and services approved by the organisations
- Assist the CBNRM organisations with preparation of financial reports
- Assist the CBNRM organisations to manage their assets through periodically reviewing and preparing inventories of the assets
- Assist the field staff with logistic arrangements for training and field work.
- Minimum degree in Accounting/ZICA Licentiate, ACCA or equivalent
- A Degree in Business Administration will be an added advantage
Work experience and skills:
- minimum 5 years relevant work experience in accounting and administration, with demonstrated experience in financially and administratively leading projects with large and multi-component budgets
- Must be conversant with SAGE Evolution package and Savana system
- Excellent communication and numerical skills
- Competent with Microsoft Office applications, email and other relevant computer skills.
- Previous experience with payroll management
- Previous interaction with community based organisations and experience with training and local capacity building will be considered a plus
- Exposure to and experience with the NGO sector is considered a plus
- Clean and excellent track record and references
- Language: Fluent in English (both speaking and writing) and Bemba/Bisa
- Must be a registered member of ZICA
- Driving license
- Be willing to relocate and live in Mpika, Muchinga Province of Zambia
- Flexible in terms of travelling
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: Remuneration based on experience
- Duration of Contract: One year, renewable to a multi-year contract based upon performance
- Application Process: Online
- Location: Based at the WeForest office in Mpika, Muchinga Province. Work to focus in both Lavushi Manda and Mpika districts.
- Extras: Bonus of 5% based on performance, please note that there are no field allowances though this position is also expected to carry out fieldwork regularly (visits to the project offices). We do offer professional health insurance (Essential).
- Hours of Work: Full-time, working a minimum of 8 hours per day and 4 hours on Saturday. Hours will however vary depending on project needs and flexibility is essential.
- Reporting line: The finance and admin officer will work under the supervision of and report to the WeForest Zambia finance and admin manager and the managers/coordinators on site. There will be regular contacts with the Muchinga manager and the Country director.
How to Apply WeForest Zambia Ltd Finance and Administration Officer Jobs 2022
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Please send applications to email@example.com with your CV, a motivation letter (max one page), and 2 recent references
The Closing Date: 17 April 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.