UNV Research Assistant Jobs 2021 – Zambia Jobs. UNV Zambia programme looking for “Research Assistant“. Applicants with a Bachelor degree or equivalent may apply on or before 14 June 2021.
The United Nations Volunteers (UNV) programme contributes to peace and development through volunteerism worldwide. We work with partners to integrate qualified, highly motivated and well supported UN Volunteers into development programming and promote the value and global recognition of volunteerism. UNV is administered by the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and reports to the UNDP/UNFPA/UNOPS Executive Board. Read more about the added value of UNV, UN Volunteers and volunteerism.
UNV Research Assistant Jobs 2021
The UNV has published a job vacancy announcement on 1st June 2021 for qualified Zambia’s to fill in the vacant post of Research Assistant to be based in Lusaka, Zambia.
|Recruiter||United Nations Volunteers (UNV)|
|Total Vacant Post||01|
|Qualification||Bachelor degree or equivalent|
|Experience Required||Minimum 24 Months|
|Application Deadline||14 June 2021|
UNV Job Vacancy 2021
Competencies values: Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Client Orientation, Commitment and Motivation, Communication, Empowering Others, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Knowledge Sharing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Self-Management, Technological Awareness, Working in Teams.
Description of task:
- Support Research and Monitoring and Evaluation activities on the Project;
- Support project implementation at district level;
- Perform research activities to characterize specific groups in terms of different indicators of well being;
- Performing background research assistance (qualitative and quantitative) on project activities;
- Provision of research assistance activities for all Unit initiatives;
- Provision of support on preparation of different types of executive documents derived from the advisory activities provided by the Unit to the Directorate;
- Support preparation of district level reports;
- Support the development of knowledge management and articles for publication;
- Any other duties assigned by PMU.
- Bachelor’s degree in Environment, Climate Change, Agriculture, Development Studies or related development field;
- Knowledge in research and research methodology;
- General knowledge of political and economic context in Zambia;
- General knowledge of UNDP work in Zambia is desirable.
- At least 2 years of progressive agro-processing and alternative livelihood operations;
- Some experience in research work is added advantage.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Start Date: Immediate
- Area of expertise: Agro-industry and agricultural marketing
- Driving license: No
- Language skills: English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
- Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UNV Research Assistant Jobs 2021
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 14 June 2021
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.