UNV Public Health Officer Jobs 2021 – Zambia Jobs. UNV Zambia programme looking for “Public Health Officer”. Applicants with a Master degree or equivalent may apply on or before 20 June 2021.
The United Nations Volunteers (UNV) programme contributes to peace and development through volunteerism worldwide. We work with partners to integrate qualified, highly motivated and well supported UN Volunteers into development programming and promote the value and global recognition of volunteerism. UNV is administered by the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and reports to the UNDP/UNFPA/UNOPS Executive Board. Read more about the added value of UNV, UN Volunteers and volunteerism.
UNV Public Health Officer Jobs 2021
The UNV has published a job vacancy announcement on 9 June 2021 for qualified Zambia’s to fill in the vacant post of Public Health Officer to be based in Lusaka, Zambia.
|Recruiter||United Nations Volunteers (UNV)|
|Position||Public Health Officer|
|Total Vacant Post||01|
|Qualification||Master degree or equivalent|
|Experience Required||At least three years|
|Application Deadline||20 June 2021|
UNV Job Vacancy 2021
Job Purpose: A Public health system comprises of all public, voluntary and private organizations that contribute to the delivery of necessary public health services within an authority.The objective of the public health system is to maintain and strengthen the health and well-being of people.
Description of task:
- Support to prevention, preparedness, early detection, response and recovery from COVID-19 outbreak;
- Contribute to all aspects of prevention, preparedness, early detection, response and recovery from acute public health events;
- Support to implementation of surveillance through the components of Integrated Disease Surveillance and Response (IDSR) that include Event-Based Surveillance (EBS) Indicator-based surveillance (IBS), Community Based Surveillance and Sentinel Surveillance;
- To support verification, risk assessment, monitoring and information-sharing on diseases, conditions and events that may constitute a public health emergency of international concern;
- When required, participate in Field Epidemiology activities, including rapid deployment to areas affected by emergencies and outbreaks to provide technical assistance to the local or national authorities and key partners and backstop field epidemiology teams in the gathering and analysis of information for public health action using state-of-the-art technologies and/or the identification and design of suitable surveillance systems in emergencies and implement the standardized WHO Early Warning Alert and Response System (EWARS) where necessary;
- Perform tasks such as data entry, validation and analyses to assist in the formulation of briefing documents and other informational materials;
- Master’s degree or equivalent in medicine, pharmacy, veterinary science, midwifery, nursing, medical biology or a related medical discipline; Advanced degree in epidemiology, public health, international health; In-service training in field epidemiology such as field epidemiology (and laboratory).
- Field experience in epidemics or public health emergencies;
- Experience in designing and implementing large databases, managing complex flows of information, implementation and interpretation of quantitative research activities;
- Experience in responding to complex humanitarian crises;
- Experience in WHO or UN, UN an asset.
- At least three years’ experience with successful track record in epidemiology, public health surveillance, control of outbreaks, information management, quantitative methods.
- Demonstrated expertise in field epidemiology, quantitative methods, surveillance in the area of emerging/re-emerging diseases in a multi-disciplinary and cross-cutting environment, as well as of database management. Proven ability to link routine health information and epidemiology to project planning, service delivery and/or policy-decision making. Excellent organizational and analytical skills combined with ability to multi-task and produce accurate results under pressure. Excellent interpersonal skills complemented with ability to synthesize information in a clear and concise manner. Tact, diplomacy and courtesy.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Duration: 12 months
- Language skills: English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent, French(Optional), Level – Working Knowledge
- Area of expertise: Public health
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UNV Public Health Officer Jobs 2021
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 20 June 2021
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.