UNV Programme Management Officer Jobs 2021 – Zambia Jobs. UNV Zambia programme looking for “Programme Management Officer“. Applicants with a Master degree or equivalent may apply on or before 05 July 2021.
The United Nations Volunteers (UNV) programme contributes to peace and development through volunteerism worldwide. We work with partners to integrate qualified, highly motivated and well supported UN Volunteers into development programming and promote the value and global recognition of volunteerism. UNV is administered by the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and reports to the UNDP/UNFPA/UNOPS Executive Board. Read more about the added value of UNV, UN Volunteers and volunteerism.
UNV Programme Management Officer Jobs 2021
The UNV has published a job vacancy announcement on 22 June 2021 for qualified Zambia’s to fill in the vacant post of Programme Management Officer to be based in Lusaka, Zambia.
|Recruiter||United Nations Volunteers (UNV)|
|Position||Programme Management Officer|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Qualification||Master degree or equivalent|
|Experience Required||A minimum of 15 years|
|Application Deadline||05 July 2021|
UNV Job Vacancy 2021
Work implies frequent interaction with the following: Establish and maintain relationships with various ECA offices as well as counterparts, senior officers, and technical staff in relevant Secretariat units and in UN funds, programs and other UN specialized agencies; Representatives and officials in national governments, international organizations, consultants.
Description of task:
- Act as the programme/project focal point of the office by performing the following tasks:
- Develop, implement, and evaluate programmes/projects;
- Monitor and analyze programme/project development and implementation at all stages, including the analysis of implementation difficulties and initiate remedial action;
- Provide periodic progress reports on the programmes/projects’ implementation, including fund utilisation;
- Review, prepare and provide inputs to relevant documents and reports related to programmes/projects;
- Identify resource needs and participate in the development of resource mobilization strategy;
- Liaise with relevant offices of the Commission; identify and track follow-up actions;
- Lead and participate in planning accountability missions and provide guidance to consultants, government officials and draft mission summaries and reports;
- Coordinate activities related to budget and funding (programme/project preparation and submissions, contracts such as Letter of Agreements, Memorandum of Understanding, reports &financial statements) and prepares related documents/reports (pledging, work programme, programme budget, progress reports).
- Provide substantive/technical support to the office by performing the following tasks:
- Research, analyze and present information gathered from diverse sources;
- Assist in policy development, including the review and analysis of issues and trends, preparation of evaluations or other research activities and studies;
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in business administration, management, public administration, or related field is required. A PhD in a relevant field would be an advantage.
- A minimum of 15 (fifteen) years of progressively responsible experience in project or programme management, administration, or related area, is required. Experience in Programmes/projects design, management and reporting using results framework is desirable.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Duration: 12 months
- Language skills: English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
- Minimum age: 35 years old. Applicants must nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.
- Area of expertise: Development programme management
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UNV Programme Management Officer Jobs 2021
Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool? Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup.
Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool? Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile.
Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
Application deadline: 05 July 2021