UNV Livelihood Assistant Jobs 2021 – Zambia Jobs. UNV Zambia programme looking for “Livelihood Assistant“. Applicants with a A Diploma/Bachelor’s degree may apply on or before 30 May 2021.
The United Nations Volunteers (UNV) programme contributes to peace and development through volunteerism worldwide. We work with partners to integrate qualified, highly motivated and well supported UN Volunteers into development programming and promote the value and global recognition of volunteerism. UNV is administered by the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and reports to the UNDP/UNFPA/UNOPS Executive Board. Read more about the added value of UNV, UN Volunteers and volunteerism.
UNV Livelihood Assistant Jobs 2021
The UNV has published a job vacancy announcement on 18 May 2021 for qualified Zambia’s to fill in the vacant post of Livelihood Assistant to be based in Kaoma, Zambia.
|Recruiter||United Nations Volunteers (UNV)|
|Total Vacant Post||01|
|Qualification||A Diploma/Bachelor’s degree|
|Experience Required||Minimum two years|
|Application Deadline||30 May 2021|
UNV Job Vacancy 2021
Job Purpose: Under the direct supervision of the Head of Field Office, Kaoma, and under the technical/functional supervision of the Livelihoods Officer, the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks.
Description of task:
- Support and ensure a sustained and structured co-ordination mechanism (regular meetings, information sharing etc) of livelihoods projects in Mayukwayukwa Settlement;
- Contribute to timely, effective and efficient implementation of all livelihood’s interventions, by livelihoods partner, including improved targeting and identification of beneficiaries, distribution of inputs and business capital/grants, facilitation of capacity building sessions etc;
- Actively monitor field implementation of livelihood interventions, track progress of agreed objectives and programmes implemented by livelihoods partners (NGO’s, Government Ministries and departments) and provide technical support/review as maybe required. This will require regular and consistent field presence;
- In close consultation and collaboration with livelihood partners and other sectoral working groups, contribute to the identification and development of context innovative and effective sustainable livelihoods interventions for the youth;
- Identify, implement and promote community-based approaches to livelihoods e.g. refugee led livelihoods projects etc;
- Actively follow up and foster inclusion of populations of concern into district socio-economic development plans;
- Essential: A Diploma/Bachelor’s degree in Alternative Livelihoods, Agriculture, Entrepreneurship/Commerce or an advanced training/certification in a related field.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant work experience in livelihoods, resilience and self-reliance related projects
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UNV Livelihood Assistant Jobs 2021
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 30 May 2021
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.