UNV Field Assistant Jobs 2021 – Zambia Jobs. UNV Zambia programme looking for “Field Assistant“. Applicants with a Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, Psychology may apply on or before 31 May 2021.
The United Nations Volunteers (UNV) programme contributes to peace and development through volunteerism worldwide. We work with partners to integrate qualified, highly motivated and well supported UN Volunteers into development programming and promote the value and global recognition of volunteerism. UNV is administered by the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and reports to the UNDP/UNFPA/UNOPS Executive Board. Read more about the added value of UNV, UN Volunteers and volunteerism.
UNV Field Assistant Jobs 2021
The UNV has published a job vacancy announcement on 18 May 2021 for qualified Zambia’s to fill in the vacant post of Field Assistant to be based in Kawambwa, Zambia.
|Recruiter||United Nations Volunteers (UNV)|
|Total Vacant Post||01|
|Qualification||Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, Psychology|
|Experience Required||Minimum two years|
|Application Deadline||31 May 2021|
UNV Job Vacancy 2021
Job Purpose: Under the overall supervision of the Protection Officer and as a member of the Protection Unit, the incumbent will provide assistance to the UNHCR Kawambwa Field Office in the areas of protection and voluntary repatriation through the following specific actions.
Description of task:
- Dissemination of information to refugees residing in the settlement, particularly on voluntary repatriation;
- Disseminate information to refugees residing in the settlement on solutions including on voluntary repatriation, resettlement;
- Provide requests from refugees for voluntary repatriation and share repatriation-related data with Focal Person for updates in the ProGres registration database;
- In coordination with UNHCR partners, monitor reception, registration, transfers of refugees, provision of assistance and ensure persons of concern (POCs) are treated in a dignified manner;
- Assist in monitoring the implementation of UNHCR programmes including the delivery of all assistance items and monitoring of infrastructure as well as core relief items (CRI) distribution paying attention to the persons with specific needs (PSNs) and providing the necessary support;
- Assist in conducting quick post distribution monitoring (PDM) and focus group dicussions (FGDs) to assess the levels of satisfaction of the beneficiaries;
- Provide counseling, referral and protection services to persons of concern presenting themselves at the office, particularly those in need of help with family tracing and reunification, travel documents, legal and/or social support;
- Essential: Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, Psychology, Development Economics or related fields; Diploma holders with substantial work experience will also be considered.
- Previous experience in refugee protection, community development, or social work;
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Selection Process: Interview
- Minimum age: 22 years old
- Duration: 12 months
- Language: English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UNV Field Assistant Jobs 2021
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 31 May 2021
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.