UNV Associate Programme Officer Jobs 2021 – Zambia Jobs. UNV Zambia programme looking for “Associate Programme Officer“. Applicants with a Bachelor degree or equivalent may apply on or before 05 July 2021.
The United Nations Volunteers (UNV) programme contributes to peace and development through volunteerism worldwide. We work with partners to integrate qualified, highly motivated and well supported UN Volunteers into development programming and promote the value and global recognition of volunteerism. UNV is administered by the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and reports to the UNDP/UNFPA/UNOPS Executive Board. Read more about the added value of UNV, UN Volunteers and volunteerism.
UNV Associate Programme Officer Jobs 2021
The UNV has published a job vacancy announcement on 15 June 2021 for qualified Zambia’s to fill in the vacant post of Associate Programme Officer to be based in Lusaka, Zambia.
|Recruiter||United Nations Volunteers (UNV)|
|Position||Associate Programme Officer|
|Total Vacant Post||01|
|Qualification||Bachelor degree or equivalent|
|Experience Required||At least two years|
|Application Deadline||05 July 2021|
UNV Job Vacancy 2021
Learning Expectations: Learning and development are a central part of the UN Youth Volunteer’s assignment and take place before, during and after his or her assignment in the field. Ideally, offering diverse opportunities for learning and development aim to strengthen the volunteer’s skills and competences, improve the quality of the assignment and keep the volunteer’s motivation high.
Description of task:
- Taking stock of existing plans, policies and practices that result in biodiversity conservation or loss;
- Identifying the key barriers and challenges in the policy environment to effective biodiversity conservation/sustainable use;
- Based on existing studies and analyses, identifying key gaps in the existing NBSAP;
- Identifying and recommending the means to overcome existing barriers and challenges;
- Documenting lessons learnt and best practices.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent.
- Demonstrated interest and/or experience (up to 2 years) in Environment and Biodiversity.
- Previous experience as a volunteer and/or experience of another culture, (i.e., studies, volunteer work, internship) would be highly regarded.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Expected Starting Date: 11 October 2021
- Duration: 12 months with possibility of extension
- Language skills: English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UNV Associate Programme Officer Jobs 2021
This assignment is funded by the Government of Sweden, therefore only Swedish nationals are eligible to apply. Moreover, candidates must be between 18 and 29 years of age throughout the assignment. Please apply via the link below. You can then either log in if you already have an account or register via ‘Candidate Signup’. You may apply to a maximum of three assignments per advertisement and indicate your order of preference in the ‘Additional Remarks’ section of your profile. Application deadline: 5 July 2021 Selection process Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The selection will be done by the UN Host Entity at the level of the country of assignment. Interviews will be conducted by the UN Host Entity between 22 July and 13 August. Usually these interviews are competency-based. Assignment Preparation Training Prior to deployment, the selected candidate will be required to attend a mandatory preparation training from 4 to 8 October organized by Sida.
COVID-19: In case of travel restrictions, assignments may start remotely or start dates may be postponed.