UNICEF National Polio Consultant Jobs 2022 – Zambia Jobs. UNICEF Zambia programme looking for “National Polio Consultant”. Applicants with A Bachelor’s in Supply Chain Management may apply on or before 22 March 2022.
UNICEF is an independent development and humanitarian non-profit organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood, and enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We believe in the power and potential of every child, but know this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination.
UNICEF National Polio Consultant Jobs 2022
The UNICEF has published a job vacancy announcement on 18 March 2022 for qualified Zambia’s to fill in the vacant post of National Polio Consultant to be based in Lusaka, Zambia.
|Recruiter||United Nations Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF)|
|Position||National Polio Consultant|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Qualification||Bachelor’s in Supply Chain Management|
|Experience Required||Minimum of 2 years|
|Application Deadline||22 March 2022|
UNICEF Job Vacancy 2022
How can you make a difference: The role of the National Polio Consultant (Vaccines, Cold Chain and Logistics Management), will be to Assist, support, and facilitate MoH/EPI and UNICEF Zambia Country Office (ZCO) on vaccine, cold chain, and logistics planning and management related to polio (WPV1) Out-Break Response (OBR) with implementation of high-quality Supplementary Immunisation Activities (SIAs) campaigns to achieve high (above 95%) coverage of bi-valent Oral Polio Vaccine (bOPV).
Scope of Work:
- Zambia achieved polio-free status with last indigenous case in 1995. However, outbreaks originating from poliovirus strains imported from Angola occurred in 2001 and 2002, and Zambia was officially recognized as polio free by the Africa Regional Certification Commission (ARCC) in 2005. Zambia also experienced a circulating Vaccine Derived Polio Virus Type-2 (cVDPV2) outbreak in late 2019 along the border of Angola and DRC that was effectively contained in early 2020.
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s in Supply Chain Management, Social Sciences, Medicine, Health Sciences, Public Health, Nursing, International Development, or a field relevant to technical assistance in immunization Supply Chain, Vaccines and Logistics management.
- A minimum of 2 years of professional experience in immunisation supply chain, cold chain, vaccines and logistics planning and management at the national or international level preferably in a developing country.
- Relevant experience in immunisation programme, polio supplementary immunisation activities (SIAs), project development and management in any UN systems agency or organization is an asset.
- Experience of working in an emergency setting is required.
- Ability to work in most extreme hardships.
- Ability to work independently and to meet deadlines.
- Ability to write clear and concise reports in English.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work and communicate in a multicultural environment.
- Computer literacy with high ability to use excel spread sheets.
- Completed training on Basic and Advanced Security in the Field.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UNICEF National Polio Consultant Jobs 2022
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 22 March 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.