UNICEF Lead Consultant SBC Jobs 2022 – Zambia Jobs. UNICEF Zambia looking for “Lead Consultant SBC”. Applicants with A Masters Degree may apply on or before 03 August 2022.
UNICEF Lead Consultant SBC Jobs 2022
The UNICEF has published a job vacancy announcement on 20 July 2022 for qualified Zambia’s to fill in the vacant post of Lead Consultant SBC to be based in Lusaka, Zambia.
|Recruiter||United Nations Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF)|
|Position||Lead Consultant SBC|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||At least 10 years|
|Application Deadline||03 August 2022|
UNICEF Job Vacancy 2022
How can you make a difference: Under the direct supervision of the SBC Manager and the overall guidance of Chief Health and HIV, the consultant will work closely with MoH Expanded Programme on Immunisation (MoH/EPI) Unit, MoH Health Promotion Unit (MoH/HPU), and ZNPHI Communication Department, to strengthen the coordination, management, monitoring, and reporting of Risk Communication and Community Engagement (RCCE) interventions for Covid-19 response and recovery plans, specifically focused to demand generation for Covid-19 vaccines rollout
The consultancy will be expected to carry out the following tasks:
- RCCE Coordination: Coordination and secretariat support to the RCCE pillar working closely with both the MoH Health Promotion Unit (HPU) and Zambia National Public Health Institute (ZNPHI) Communication Department as the Co-chairs of National Covid-19 RCCE Coordination Subgroup. This would include the use of a standard reporting templates for documenting RCCE pillar’s activities including RCCE subgroups meeting minutes and actions points; supporting planning and setting-up agenda for weekly RCCE Subgroup meetings and documenting action, the development of tools/dashboard for collating and synthesizing RCCE reports from the sub-national level (working with ZNPHI Research Department in the development of the tools) to systematically sharing of information and way-forward of addressing the needs or gaps.
- Planning and coordination of RCCE actions on Covid-19 vaccine drive/campaign: Support planning and execution of RCCE activities on Covid-19 vaccine drives/campaigns, including leading development and placement of evidence based multi-media messages, tools and materials; designing targeted community mobilization actions and activation of national rumour management; lead planning and coordination of UNICEF support areas in vaccine drive campaigns and wider RCCE; and support key national planning/updating exercises (including crisis communication plan, national Vaccine Deployment Plan etc. per advice and schedules provided by MOH and ZNPHI)
- Strengthening subnational RCCE mechanisms and activities: Facilitate the work of provincial RCCE consultants to sustain and regularize the monthly provincial/district meetings with Provincial/District Health Promotion Officers (P-HPOs/D-HPOs) and other partners for updating progress, sharing information, and addressing needs and gaps; support planning and facilitating capacity building and learning events for Provincial and District level RCCE and Health Promotion staff; and planning and implementing community engagement activities led by the P-HPOs/D-HPOs.
Qualification & Experience:
- Masters Degree on any of the principles of Social Science, Behavioural Science, Health Promotion, Communication, Public Health, Global Health, International Health, or a related technical field in SBC (Social Behaviour Change) and/or RCCE (Risk Communication and Community Engagement).
- At least 10 years of proven experience and product knowledge on social behaviours change (SBC), communication, social mobilization, risk communication and community engagement.
- Knowledge and understanding of the principles of social behaviour change (SBC), and experience with collecting data and designing of evidence-based SBC strategies and programmes, as well as risk communication and communication engagement are essential.
- Proven experience in Public Health Emergencies and Risk Communication interventions planning and coordination in developing country context; and the experience in Zambia would be an asset.
- Strong communication skills in English (spoken and written).
- Proven ability to work effectively in cross-cultural and multi-cultural settings and teams, and to deliver high-quality results within expected time frames.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UNICEF Lead Consultant SBC Jobs 2022
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 03 August 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
UNICEF is an independent development and humanitarian non-profit organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood, and enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We believe in the power and potential of every child, but know this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination.