UNICEF Consultancy Development of the National Strategy Jobs 2022 – Zambia Jobs. UNICEF Zambia looking for “Consultancy Development of the National Strategy”. Applicants with A Master’s in Public Health may apply on or before 29 September 2022.
UNICEF Consultancy Development of the National Strategy Jobs 2022
The UNICEF has published a job vacancy announcement on 15 September 2022 for qualified Zambia’s to fill in the vacant post of Consultancy Development of the National Strategy to be based in Lusaka, Zambia.
|Recruiter||United Nations Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF)|
|Position||Development of the National Strategy for elimination of Mother To Child Transmission of HIV, Syphilis and Hepatitis B|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Qualification||Master’s in Public Health|
|Experience Required||At least ten years|
|Application Deadline||29 September 2022|
UNICEF Job Vacancy 2022
How can you make a difference?
The assignment requires an in-depth review of the achievements and lessons learned in the implementation of the 2019-2021 national strategy for the Elimination of Mother to Child Transmission of HIV and Syphilis and to develop a successor EMTCT Strategy 2023-2027that will include the elimination of Hepatitis B. Overall, the strategy will focus on addressing the remaining bottlenecks and steer the program towards the path to triple elimination (MTCT) and domesticate global initiatives including the Global AIDS Strategy on ending AIDS and the Global Alliance on ending AIDS among children.
The key elements of the assignment are as follows:
- Conduct a technical review of the previous EMTCT Strategy (2019-2021) highlighting the major bottlenecks in program implementation that can be used to formulate remedial interventions to ensure optimal service delivery.
- Review relevant literature, programme data and documents to understand the current context of PMTCT including burden of disease and conditions of epidemiological relevance programming for PBFW and their families; strategic interventions and implementation modalities to address the health needs of PBFW and their families. Substantial evidence is already available for use and the output from the recent PMTCT and Paediatric HIV data deep dive will be one of the primary sources.
- Identify and use an evidence-based framework for development of the EMTCT Strategy 2023-2027
- Provide technical advice on using the triple elimination strategy to domesticate global initiatives for which Zambia is signatory to, including Global AIDS Strategy and the Global initiative on ending AIDS among children
- Facilitate development of the EMTCT Strategy 2023-2027 outlining strategic areas of focus, and a monitoring, evaluation and learning framework following established Ministry of Health guidelines on strategy development process.
- Undertake costing to gauge the cost of implementing the national triple EMTCT strategy 2023-2027)
- Actively engage key and relevant stakeholders including Ministry of Health and other relevant Government ministries and departments, UN agencies, PEPFAR, NGOs and people living with HIV
- Facilitate validation of the EMTCT Strategy (2023-2027) with key stakeholders including cooperating partners, Government ministries, Non-Governmental and Civil Society Organisations.
Qualification & Experience:
- Master’s in Public Health, Development Studies, Social Science, Health Communication or any relevant field in international development assistance
- Knowledge/Expertise/Skills required:
- At least ten years’ relevant experience including in development of strategies and programmes including Sexual Reproductive Health and HIV
- Knowledge of HIV programme context in Zambia
- Strong communication skills in English (spoken and written);
- Proven experience in designing costed strategies and implementation plans
- Proven ability to work effectively in cross-cultural and multi-cultural settings and teams, and to deliver high-quality results within expected time frames.
- Extensive experience and proven track record in the theory and practice of strategic communication interventions including integrated service delivery
- Good grounding in participatory facilitation skills and latest techniques in skills and knowledge transfer
- Proficiency in standard Microsoft Office applications and excellent communication and writing skills
- Job no: 555193
- Contract type: Consultant
- Duty Station: Lusaka
- Level: Consultancy
- Location: Zambia
- Categories: Health, HIV/AIDS
How to Apply UNICEF Consultancy Development of the National Strategy Jobs 2022
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 29 September 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
UNICEF is an independent development and humanitarian non-profit organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood, and enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We believe in the power and potential of every child, but know this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination.