UNHCR Protection Associate Jobs 2021 – Zambia Jobs. UNHCR Zambia programme looking for “Protection Associate“. Applicants with a High School Diploma, Bachelor or equivalent or higher may apply on or before 28th May 2021.
The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees is a UN agency mandated to aid and protect refugees, forcibly displaced communities, and stateless people, and to assist in their voluntary repatriation, local integration or resettlement to a third country.
UNHCR Protection Associate Jobs 2021
The UNHCR has published a job vacancy announcement on 24 May 2021 for qualified Zambia’s to fill in the vacant post of Protection Associate to be based in Lusaka, Zambia.
|Recruiter||United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)|
|Total Vacant Post||01|
|Qualification||High School Diploma, Bachelor or equivalent or higher|
|Experience Required||Minimum three years|
|Application Deadline||28th May 2021|
UNHCR Job Vacancy 2021
Job Purpose: The Protection Associate must be able to contribute to the drafting of high-quality policy documents and notes to support the on-going development of the new refugee policy. S/He must have the ability to lead partner inter-agency coordination and stakeholders engagement in the delivery of various protection services such as `legal frameworks, provide solid advice on appeal processes, work on a voluntary repatriation plans, local integration strategy, detention monitoring strategy, protection of urban refugees as well as provide guidance on individual protection cases involving marginalized groups such as LBGTQI.
- Stay abreast of political, social, economic and cultural developments that have an impact on the protection environment.
- Consistently apply International and National Law and applicable UN/UNHCR and IASC policy, standards and codes of conduct.
- Assist in providing comments on existing and draft legislation related to PoC.
- Provide advice on protection issues to PoC; liaise with competent authorities to ensure the issuance of personal and other relevant documentation.
- Assist in conducting eligibility and status determination for PoC.
- Contribute to measures to identify, prevent and reduce statelessness.
- Contribute to a country-level child protection plan as part of the protection strategy.
- Contribute to a country-level education plan as part of the protection strategy.
- Monitor Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for all protection/solutions activities.
- Manage individual protection cases including those on SGBV and child protection. Monitor, and intervene in cases of refoulment, expulsion and other protection incidents.
- Essential: For G6 – 3 years relevant experience with High School Diploma; or 2 years relevant work experience with Bachelor or equivalent or higher Position Competencies.
- Minimum three years relevant experience
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Hardship Level: B
- Family Location Type: Family
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UNHCR Protection Associate Jobs 2021
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 28th May 2021
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.