UNECA National Consultant Development of Local Content Thresholds Jobs 2022 – Zambia Jobs. UNECA Zambia looking for “National Consultant Development of Local Content Thresholds”. Applicants with A University Degree may apply on or before 19 June 2022.
UNECA National Consultant Development of Local Content Thresholds Jobs 2022
The UNECA has published a job vacancy announcement on 07 June 2022 for qualified Zambia’s to fill in the vacant post of National Consultant Development of Local Content Thresholds to be based in Lusaka, Zambia.
|Recruiter||United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (UNECA)|
|Position||SRO-SA-NATIONAL CONSULTANT DEVELOPMENT OF LOCAL CONTENT THRESHOLDS FOR PHARMACEUTICAL, FERTILISER AND PACKAGING|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||A minimum of 10 years|
|Application Deadline||19 June 2022|
UNECA Job Vacancy 2022
Duties and Responsibilities: Working under the Ministry of Trade and Industry PS and the Economic Affairs Officer Economic Affairs Officer, working closely with supervision from the Chief of the Inclusive Industrialization Section will be the contact person for SRO-SA. The Consultant will:
- Undertake desk review on the Local Content Strategy and its associated policies, laws and regulations;
- Prepare market studies on the state of the pharmaceutical, fertilizer and packaging sub-sectors and linked supply chains, with reference to government objectives outlined in existing strategic plans, laws and policies, and with a specific focus on local content procurement challenges and opportunities.
- Map key stakeholders and conduct interviews of a representative sample and produce report of the mapping exercise with initial hypotheses on their needs, views, capacities and constraints to implementing the local content thresholds;
- Prepare report and PowerPoint presentations in English with the findings of the market studies and the stakeholders mapping exercise;
- Draft Local Content Thresholds;
- Present draft local content thresholds through validation workshops;
- Draft the final report with KPIs, recommendations, funding requirements where necessary and validated local content thresholds and the draft implementation plan.
- An advanced university degree (Master’s Degree or equivalent) in economics, development studies, industrial development, regional integration\ trade, or any of the relevant social science fields; with demonstrable and extensive knowledge in industrialization and value chains is required. A first-level University Degree in combination with two additional years of relevant experience may be accepted in lieu of the Master’s Degree.
- A minimum of 10 years’ professional experience in any of the following: industrial policy development, regional integration, international development, industrialization, economic development and trade in Southern Africa with extensive knowledge and understanding the industrial policies and industry sector in Zimbabwe is required.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UNECA National Consultant Development of Local Content Thresholds Jobs 2022
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 19 June 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
The United Nations Economic Commission for Africa was established in 1958 by the United Nations Economic and Social Council to encourage economic cooperation among its member states following a recommendation of the United Nations General Assembly. It is one of five regional commissions.