UNECA Fostering commodity Jobs 2021 – Zambia Jobs. UNECA Zambia programme looking for “Fostering commodity”. Applicants with a An advanced degree in any of the following; economics, industrial economics, international development may apply on or before 1 July 2021.
The United Nations Economic Commission for Africa was established in 1958 by the United Nations Economic and Social Council to encourage economic cooperation among its member states following a recommendation of the United Nations General Assembly. It is one of five regional commissions.
UNECA Fostering commodity Jobs 2021
The UNECA has published a job vacancy announcement on 28 June 2021 for qualified Zambia’s to fill in the vacant post of Fostering commodity to be based in Lusaka, Zambia.
|Recruiter||United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (UNECA)|
|Position||Fostering commodity-based industrialization, manufacturing and regional value-chains|
|Total Vacant Post||21|
|Qualification||An advanced degree in any of the following; economics, industrial economics, international development|
|Experience Required||At least 10 years|
|Application Deadline||1 July 2021|
UNECA Job Vacancy 2021
Job Purpose: The objective of the consultancy is to produce a high-quality, empirical and policy-oriented study report on Building back better from COVID-19 in Southern Africa: Fostering commodity-based industrialization, manufacturing and regional value-chains to constitute the main background document that will inform the deliberations of the ICSOE.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- An empirical analysis of the state of industrialization, manufacturing and regional value-chain development in Southern Africa and a critical assessment of its success and failure factors;
- The impact of Covid-19 on Southern African industry, the imperative for building back better and the conditions necessary to facilitate “building back better”;
- An analysis of the lessons that can be learnt from industrialization, manufacturing and industrial-based regional value chain development experiences in Southern Africa over the past twenty years containing case examples of best practices, successes and failures over a wide range of sectors and highlighting policy recommendations;
- A presentation of successful industrialization, manufacturing and regional value-chain development experiences in other parts of Africa and developing countries, highlighting best practices and lessons to be learnt;
- An analysis of the short/medium/long-run comparative and competitive advantages and disadvantages of the region to develop industries and regional value-chains, in the context of the SADC Free Trade Area, the African Continental Free Trade Area and global trade agreements including Economic Partnership Agreements;
- An advanced degree in any of the following; economics, industrial economics, international development, or any of the relevant social science fields;
- At least 10 years’ professional experience in any of the following, industrialization, regional integration, international trade, international development, services, economic development in Southern Africa with extensive knowledge and understanding of the industrial sector and/or natural resources;
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UNECA Fostering commodity Jobs 2021
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 1 July 2021
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.