UNECA Consultant Jobs 2021 – Zambia Jobs. UNECA Zambia programme looking for “Consultant”. Applicants with an Advanced university degree may apply on or before 30 July 2021.
The United Nations Economic Commission for Africa was established in 1958 by the United Nations Economic and Social Council to encourage economic cooperation among its member states following a recommendation of the United Nations General Assembly. It is one of five regional commissions.
UNECA Consultant Jobs 2021
The UNECA has published a job vacancy announcement on 28 July 2021 for qualified Zambia’s to fill in the vacant post of Consultant to be based in Lusaka, Zambia.
|Recruiter||United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (UNECA)|
|Total Vacant Post||Check Advt.|
|Qualification||Advanced university degree|
|Experience Required||At least five years|
|Application Deadline||30 July 2021|
UNECA Job Vacancy 2021
Duties and Responsibilities: The consultant is expected to work under the direct supervision of the international (substantive) consultant in charge of leading the execution of the integrated data management system and of the indirect supervision of the Economic affairs officer of the Sub-Regional Initiatives (SRI) unit of ECA SRO SA, reporting to the Chief of SRI and the responsible officer of MIC. The consultant will be expected to work closely with MIC and other national consultants who will be recruited to collect data.
- Work closely with the international consultant and IT assistants of MIC to design, set up and operationalize the integrated trade data system;
- Be in charge to execute all the IT technical aspects of the work to make the integrated data management system fully functional;
- Prepare a User Guide that will guide MIC in the operational aspects of the system and the methods to be employed to address any technical glitches in the system and the type of IT support that will be necessary to ensure sustainability in use;
- Execute ad-hoc requests that may arise in the course of the assignment and whose delivery are deemed to be necessary to ensure the successful set up and operationalization of the integrated trade data system.
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or above) in computer science, IT/software engineering, or related fields is required.
- The candidate should have a minimum of five (5) years of proven experience in designing and setting up data management systems with preferably a focus on economic and social statistics and demonstrated experience at writing User’s guide on operations systems or any other closely related area. Excellent (written and oral) communications skills will be an advantage.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations. For this post, fluency in English (both oral and written) are required. Fluency in Portuguese is an advantage
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UNECA Consultant Jobs 2021
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 30 July 2021
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.