UNDP Road Safety Consultant Jobs 2021 – Zambia Jobs. UNDP Zambia programme looking for “Road Safety Consultant“. Applicants with a Masters’ Degree or equivalent may apply on or before 21 May 2021.
In support of the Government of Zambia, the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) has embarked on the implementation of a five-year Country Programme Document (CPD) 2016-2020. UNDP works with the Government and people of Zambia to achieve the Vision 2030, the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and implementation of the 7th National Development Plan (7th NDP).
UNDP Road Safety Consultant Jobs 2021
The UNDP has published a job vacancy announcement on 15 May 2021 for qualified Zambia’s to fill in the vacant post of Road Safety Consultant to be based in Lusaka, Zambia.
|Recruiter||United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)|
|Position||Road Safety Consultant|
|Total Vacant Post||01|
|Qualification||Masters’ Degree or equivalent|
|Experience Required||Minimum five years|
|Application Deadline||21 May 2021|
UNDP Job Vacancy 2021
Job Purpose: The assignment aims at reviewing the opportunities and enabling environment to develop an innovative resource mobilization strategy that will foster the creation of safe, inclusive, and sustainable road conditions for pedestrians, including through encouraging multisectoral partnerships, private sector involvement, advocacy and fundraising towards safe sidewalks, bike lanes and pedestrian crossings..
Broad stakeholder consultations:
- Conduct consultations with key stakeholders (government, UN agencies, business community, private sector, cooperating partners, civil society etc.) to identify key impediments to the inclusion of the most vulnerable road users (women, disabled, youth, and the poor) in NMT and road development planning.
- Identify an alliance of stakeholders from the public and private partners to promote, advocate, and mobilize resources to improve the safety of pedestrians, cyclists, wheelchair users, and public transport users to increase awareness on the importance of sustainable mobility.
- Review transversal areas related to access to financial services, in particular identification of alternative sources of finance in local economic development policies and sustainable inclusive cities.
- Organize stakeholder meeting to validate the findings of the situation analysis and key recommendations on relevant strategies and priority axes of intervention.
- Organization of a donor roundtable to discuss the funding opportunities, including private sector, Donors and International Financial Institutions (IFIs).
- Essential: Masters’ Degree or equivalent in Social Sciences, Public Health, Public Administration, Economics, Development, Gender, Finance or Business Administration or related field..
- At least five (5) years of experience in development work with specific emphasis on sustainable and livable cities with a focus on road safety.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Contract Duration : 06 months (30 Working days)
- Procurement Process: IC – Individual contractor
- Office: UNDP Country Office – ZAMBIA
- Selection Process: Interview
- Language: Excellent speaking and writing in English.
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UNDP Road Safety Consultant Jobs 2021
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 21 May 2021
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.