UNDP Operations Officer Jobs 2022 – Zambia Jobs. UNDP Zambia programme looking for “Operations Officer”. Applicants with A Master’s degree may apply on or before June 11, 2022.
In support of the Government of Zambia, the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) has embarked on the implementation of a five-year Country Programme Document (CPD) 2016-2020.
UNDP works with the Government and people of Zambia to achieve the Vision 2030, the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and implementation of the 7th National Development Plan (7thNDP).
UNDP focuses on areas that have a multiplier effect through a targeted build-up of capacities, policies, the creation of dialogue space, and scalable downstream interventions. Proposed downstream interventions seek to provide platforms for citizen engagement in democratic processes and facilitate access to skills, knowledge and new technologies for increased income generation.
UNDP Operations Officer Jobs 2022
The UNDP has published a job vacancy announcement on May 27, 2022 for qualified Zambia’s to fill in the vacant post of Operations Officer to be based in Lusaka, Zambia.
|Recruiter||United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||At least Seven years|
|Application Deadline||June 11, 2022|
UNDP Job Vacancy 2022
Duties and Responsibilities:
Summary of key functions
- Ensures provision of top-quality advisory services and facilitation of knowledge building and management;
- Ensures implementation of programme operation strategies;
- Ensures effective operations management of the programme;
- Ensures creation of strategic partnerships and implementation of the resource mobilization strategy in cooperation with the programme team.
Ensures implementation of operational strategies, adapts processes and procedures focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance with UN/UNDP rules and regulations of financial processes, financial records and reports and audit follow up; implementation of the effective internal control framework;
- Office finance business processes mapping and elaboration of the content of internal Standard Operating Procedures in Finance in consultation with the direct supervisor and office management;
- Maintains the professionalism of the operations unit by implementing all administrative activities in an orderly and time sensitive manner.
Ensures administration of finance and procurement focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Delivers solutions-focused, client-oriented operations services as demonstrated through consistent positive feedback received from internal and external clients for operational services delivered;
- Executes the country’s operational activities in accordance with the Internal Control Framework issued by the Executive Coordinator within the context of UNDP’s regulatory framework (such as the Financial Regulations and Rules and the UNDP Programme and Operations Policy and Procedure Manual);
- Preparation and modifications of budgets for UNCDF projects, follow-up with MSU, procurement and finance unit for project;
- Presentation of researched information for planning and status of financial resources of the assigned projects;
- Prepare and/or check the financial reports for Comic Relief, SIDA, UNSSOCC and other donors, monitor use of cost sharing funds and other resources;
- Ensure submission of financial reports to donors is timely and on quality basis;
- Proper control of the supporting documents for payments and financial reports the programme;
- Ensuring that advance payments and direct payments for programme is properly reviewed and made on a timely basis, as well as ensuring that payment information is properly recorded into the Atlas system on a timely basis;
- Timely response to unit requests to resolve financial data issues, timely accounts closure;
- Follow-up with partners on contributions, receipt creation in Atlas and certification of reimbursement of expense claims;
- For local procurement – develop request for quotations (RFQs) for local vendors and local consultants, obtaining quotes, evaluating and propose vendors for selection;
- For other procurement needs – in cooperation with team, develop TORs, project descriptions and other written materials as needed;
- Monitors procurement to ensure timely advertising and collection of quotes. Verify vendors’ eligibility and ensure they are in the UNCDF ATLAS system. Verify quality and receipt of goods;
- Supervision of any assistant to be assigned.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Management, Public Administration, Social Sciences or related field.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant fields with additional years of qualifying experience may be considered in lieu of the advanced degree.
- Minimum 7 years (Master’s Degree) and 9 years (Bachelor’s degree) of progressively responsible experience in programme support or project management, including operations, financial management and administration, or similar development context, with at least 2 years of administrative experience is required at the national or international level
- Experience providing management advisory services, hands-on experience in administration ,procurement including operations and finance of development projects;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc), advanced knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages and experience in handling of web based management systems;
- Experience with a UN organization/agency is desirable but not a requirement;
- Experience with ATLAS and UNDP Procurement is an added advantage;
- Strong communication skills (written and oral).
- Fluency in English
- Job Identification: 3909
- Locations: Lusaka, Zambia
- Posting Date: 05/27/2022, 01:13 PM
- Apply Before: 06/11/2022, 09:29 AM
- Degree Level: Advanced/Postgraduate Degree
- Job Schedule: Full time
- Agency: UNCDF
- Grade: NB5
- Vacancy Type: National Personnel Service Agreement
- Practice Area: Inclusive Growth
- Bureau: Regional Bureau for Africa
- Contract Duration: 1 Year with Possibility for extension
- Education & Work Experience: Master’s Degree – 7 year(s) experience
- Other Criteria: Bachelors Degree with 9 years of experience
- Required Languages: English
- Vacancy Timeline: 2 Weeks
- Mobility required/no mobility: no mobility required
How to Apply UNDP Operations Officer Jobs 2022
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: June 11, 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.