UNDP Individual contractor Jobs 2021 – Zambia Jobs. UNDP Zambia programme looking for “Individual contractor“. Applicants with a Master’s Degree may apply on or before 28 May 2021.
The United Nations Development Programme is the global development network of the United Nations. It promotes technical and investment cooperation among nations and advocates for change and connects countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life for themselves.
UNDP Individual contractor Jobs 2021
The UNDP has published a job vacancy announcement on 21 May 2021 for qualified Zambia’s to fill in the vacant post of Individual contractor to be based in Lusaka, Zambia.
|Recruiter||United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)|
|Total Vacant Post||01|
|Experience Required||at least 7 years|
|Application Deadline||28 May 2021|
UNDP Job Vacancy 2021
Project Description: The Strengthening Climate Resilience of Agricultural Livelihoods in Agro-Ecological Regions I and II in Zambia (SCRALA) project, implemented by the Ministry of Agriculture, intends to strengthen the resilience to climate change risks of vulnerable smallholder farmers in the country’s Agro-Ecological Regions I and II.
Additional Competencies Required:
- Proven experience with satellite data, agro-weather datasets, and big data will be an added advantage
- Experience with Geographical Information Systems (QGIS, ESRI ArcGIS), and processing of satellite data will be an added advantage
- High level written and oral communications skills in English.
- Ability to organize and facilitate meetings, calls and documents that may require the input of multiple sources.
- Proven ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Concise and analytical skills.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft office packages.
- Essential: Master’s Degree (MSc minimum, PhD preferred) in meteorology, hydrology, Water Resource Engineering, Water Resources Management, or other closely related field.
- Desirable: Strong knowledge of satellite rainfall estimate data, climate reanalysis data.
- Demonstrated (at least 7 years) experience in mapping out climate-relevant data sources and means of accessing data from various sources.
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UNDP Individual contractor Jobs 2021
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 28 May 2021
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.