UNDP Driver Jobs 2022 – Zambia Jobs. UNDP Zambia programme looking for “Driver”. Applicants with A Secondary Education may apply on or before June 11, 2022.
In support of the Government of Zambia, the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) has embarked on the implementation of a five-year Country Programme Document (CPD) 2016-2020.
UNDP works with the Government and people of Zambia to achieve the Vision 2030, the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and implementation of the 7th National Development Plan (7thNDP).
UNDP focuses on areas that have a multiplier effect through a targeted build-up of capacities, policies, the creation of dialogue space, and scalable downstream interventions. Proposed downstream interventions seek to provide platforms for citizen engagement in democratic processes and facilitate access to skills, knowledge and new technologies for increased income generation.
UNDP Driver Jobs 2022
The UNDP has published a job vacancy announcement on May 27, 2022 for qualified Zambia’s to fill in the vacant post of Driver to be based in Lusaka, Zambia.
|Recruiter||United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||At least Two years|
|Application Deadline||June 11, 2022|
UNDP Job Vacancy 2022
Duties and Responsibilities:
Summary Of Key Functions:
- Provision of reliable and secure driving services
- Proper use of vehicle
- Day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle
- Availability of documents/ supplies
- Ability to support the logistics needs of the team
Ensures provision of reliable and secure driving services by a) driving office vehicles for the transport of authorized personnel and delivery and collection of mail, documents and other items and b) meeting official personnel and visitors at the airport, visa and customs formalities arrangement when required.
Ensures cost-savings through proper use of vehicle through accurate maintenance of daily vehicle logs, provision of inputs to preparation of the vehicle maintenance plans and reports.
Ensures proper day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle through timely minor repairs, arrangements for major repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes, car washing, etc.
Ensures availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, office directory, map of the city/country, first aid kit, necessary spare parts.
Ensures that all immediate actions required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accidents.
Ensures that all logistics support is provided within UNCDF/UNDP rules regulations, in a timely and helpful fashion to all team members.
- Provides logistics Support in the organization of workshops and seminars in accordance to the UNCDF project activities and workplan i.e. collecting documents from the printers, ensuring all necessary equipment and documents are delivered on time to the venue;
- Assist in both setting up and close of meetings, workshops, and other events (helping with raising pop up banners, sitting at the registration desk, etc etc.);
- Assist with performing registry-related duties, such as photocopying bulky documents in preparation for meetings;
- Assist in arranging and setting up of office equipment, furniture and office supplies when needed;
- Perform all other related duties upon request.
- Secondary Education certificate with pass in English, Valid and clean SADC driver’s license.
- Minimum 2 years working experience as a driver; safe driving record;
- Previous work with International organizations/ NGO’s is highly desirable;
- Knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repair;
- Experience with light office duties such as photocopying ,scanning;
- Use of computers use of office applications such as Microsoft ,outlook excel and word is an added advantage;
- Good communication skills.
- Job Identification: 3907
- Locations: Lusaka, Zambia
- Posting Date: 05/27/2022, 02:59 PM
- Apply Before: 06/11/2022, 09:29 AM
- Degree Level: Secondary School Leaving Certificate
- Job Schedule: Full time
- Agency: UNCDF
- Grade: NB1
- Vacancy Type: National Personnel Service Agreement
- Practice Area: Inclusive Growth
- Bureau: Regional Bureau for Africa
- Contract Duration: 1 Year with Possibility for extension
- Education & Work Experience: High School certificate
- Other Criteria: Secondary Education certificate with pass in English, Valid and clean SADC driver’s license with minimum 5 ears working experience as a driver
- Required Languages: English
- Vacancy Timeline: 2 Weeks
- Mobility required/no mobility: no mobility required
How to Apply UNDP Driver Jobs 2022
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: June 11, 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.