Social Impact Biodiversity and Forest Ecology Specialist Jobs 2022 – Zambia Jobs. Social Impact Zambia looking for “Biodiversity and Forest Ecology Specialist”. Applicants with A Master’s degree may apply on or before 22 September 2022.
Social Impact Biodiversity and Forest Ecology Specialist Jobs 2022
The Social Impact has published a job vacancy announcement on 07 September 2022 for qualified Zambia’s to fill in the vacant post of Biodiversity and Forest Ecology Specialist to be based in Lusaka, Zambia.
|Position||Biodiversity and Forest Ecology Specialist, EKNA IE Design and Baseline|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||six years|
|Application Deadline||22 September 2022|
Social Impact Job Vacancy 2022
Position Description: DAI/INRM is seeking an individual to fulfill the role of the Biodiversity and Forest Ecology Specialist for the EKNA IE Design and Baseline . The Biodiversity and Forest Ecology Specialist will provide subject matter expertise in wildlife biodiversity and forest ecology in Zambia, particularly related to the Greater Kafue Ecosystem (GKE), and measurement approaches for related outcomes. The Biodiversity and Forest Ecology Specialist will work closely with the Team Leader and other research team members to contribute to the baseline design, data collection and analysis, and provide technical inputs for the draft and final report(s) – the Evaluation Design Report (EDR) and Baseline Report – as requested. The project will begin in September 2022 and is projected to last through July 2023. The EDR will be drafted in September 2022 and finalized in October 2022. Fieldwork for baseline data collection will take place from October – November 2022 prior to the rainy season, although this position will not be required to participate in fieldwork. Data analysis will take place from December 2022 – March 2023 with reporting in April – June 2023.
- Provide subject matter expertise in wildlife biodiversity and forest ecology in Zambia, particularly related to the Greater Kafue Ecosystem (GKE), and measurement approaches for related outcomes.
- Work closely with the other research team members, including the Team Leader, Senior Biodiversity and Forest Ecology Advisors, Evaluation Manager/Technical Specialist, and Environmental Health Specialist on evaluation design, data collection, and analysis
- In collaboration with the research team, conduct analysis of baseline data as requested, including but not limited to: aerial survey data, wildlife biodiversity monitoring data (camera traps, search and encounter, spoor transects, focal monitoring/satellite collars), and remote sensing data (tree cover, fires)
- Contribute as requested to project deliverables, including the draft and final EKNA IE Evaluation Design Report (EDR), draft and final EKNA IE Baseline Report, and any related presentations. This may include drafting responses to USAID comments/questions on draft reports.
- Maintain clear and regular communication with the research team and INRM support staff, and inform the INRM team of any risks, problems, or challenges in a timely manner.
Qualification & Experience:
- Master’s degree or higher in Biodiversity/Conservation, Forest Ecology, or a closely related field.
- Minimum of ten years of experience with a master’s degree designing and executing similar projects, or six years of experience with a PhD.
- Extensive expertise in conducting research, evaluation, and related studies for biodiversity conservation and forest ecology in Zambia.
- Experience designing and conducting impact evaluations for conservation programs preferred.
- Experience working on multi-disciplinary teams preferred.
- Experience with USAID/Zambia or similar regional or country USAID Missions preferred.
- Exceptional organizational, analytical, writing, and presentation skills.
- Fluency in English required.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply Social Impact Biodiversity and Forest Ecology Specialist Jobs 2022
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 22 September 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness.