Save the Children Technical Specialist Jobs 2022 – Zambia Jobs. Save the Children Zambia programme looking for “Technical Specialist”. Applicants with A University Degree may apply on or before 16 March 2022.
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in around 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential. Save the Children strives to achieve a world in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation. We work to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. Across all of our work, we pursue several core values: accountability, ambition, collaboration, creativity and integrity.
Save the Children Technical Specialist Jobs 2022
The Save the Children has published a job vacancy announcement on 03 March 2022 for qualified Zambia’s to fill in the vacant post of Technical Specialist to be based in Lusaka, Zambia.
|Recruiter||Save the Children|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||At least 5 years|
|Application Deadline||16 March 2022|
Save the Children Job Vacancy 2022
Job Purpose: In support of Save the Children’s Global Strategy, the holder of this role is responsible for technical leadership for the development and delivery ofnational and local level advocacy strategies, governance programming, and where relevantcampaigning on public investment/fair financing for children and youthin two country offices. The role will be accountable for securing increased and improved financing and public budgeting for the provision of equitable, quality social services and other rights to children.
Key Areas of Accountability:
- Provide technical and strategic leadershipon public investment/fair finance for the two Country Officeswith a focus on budget analysis, budget participation and budget advocacybut also,where appropriate, the assessment of public financial management performance, fiscal policy,domestic resource mobilisation/tax, and the impact of debt relief on children’s rights and outcomes.
- Design, lead and deliver the public investment/fair finance work-plan for the country office identifying high priority opportunities at the subnational and national levels for engagement and influencing.
- Build the capability of country office staff, partners and strategic partners (including children and young people) to engage with local actors and local/national government on fair financing/public investment in children with a focus on budget analysis and advocacy.
- Represent Save the Children in relevant external working groups and meetings, including working with coalition partners and government entities.
- Identify and work with partners, including but not limited to, academic institutions and child-led organisations to build their capacity and support collaboration on public investment/fair finance, advocacy strategies and accountability mechanisms.
- Educated to degree level (Master’s preferred) in a relevant field / equivalent experience
- Public Financial Management expert, with specialism on budget and fiscal transparency and analysis and a leading edge understanding of the impact that the public financial management performance has on children’s lives.
- A proven track record of working with civil society, children and youth, public participation or audit institutions to keep government accountable
- Ability to think creatively, innovate, set priorities, manage a work plan, and evaluate progress with minimal supervision.
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work with others (diversity) and maintain a strong internal and external network, drawing on others when needed; evidence of working in complex, global organization on governance projects, and/or advocacy and campaigning.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply Save the Children Technical Specialist Jobs 2022
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 16 March 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.