Save the Children Nutrition Advocacy Manager Jobs 2022 – Zambia Jobs. Save the Children Zambia programme looking for “Nutrition Advocacy Manager”. Applicants with A Bachelor’s Degree in health may apply on or before 17 March 2022.
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in around 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential. Save the Children strives to achieve a world in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation. We work to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. Across all of our work, we pursue several core values: accountability, ambition, collaboration, creativity and integrity.
Save the Children Nutrition Advocacy Manager Jobs 2022
The Save the Children has published a job vacancy announcement on 05 March 2022 for qualified Zambia’s to fill in the vacant post of Nutrition Advocacy Manager to be based in Lusaka, Zambia.
|Recruiter||Save the Children|
|Position||Nutrition Advocacy Manager|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Qualification||Bachelor’s Degree in health|
|Experience Required||Minimum of 10 years|
|Application Deadline||17 March 2022|
Save the Children Job Vacancy 2022
Job Purpose: The SHN Advocacy Manager will be imperative to the success of SPAESHA and serves as the nexus between global, regional and local elements of the project. The SHN Advocacy Manager will act as a catalyst for a national and local level assessments and improvements of the School Health and Nutrition (SHN) policy. The ideal SHN Advocacy Manager will be an expert on the health issues that affect school age children in Zambia and have the ability to hone in on specific activities and details, while also maintaining a clear vision for school health at the national level. The SHN Advocacy Manager’s ultimate responsibility will be liaising with government and CSOs to develop, monitor, and implement a School Health Policy Strengthening Plan.
Key Areas of Accountability:
- Conduct an audit of national school health policies, monitoring tools and processes using the FRESH framework, HPS, or Saber tools as basis for audit.
- Co-design and implement a field assessment using qualitative methods to understand how the School Health policy is implemented on-the-ground, identify emerging issues affecting school children’s health, and collect examples of SH systems utilized for COVID-19 response or Return to Learning activities.
- Analyze findings from policy audit and field assessments to create a reports detailing strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats of current School Health Policies with recommendations for policy enhancements and strategies to achieve them.
- Develop a country-specific School Health Policy Strengthening plan in coordination with ministry partners based on critical findings from desk review and fieldwork.
- Develop country-specific School Health Policy strengthening M&E plan to guide activities, advance agreed upon milestones, and engage appropriate stakeholders in Zambia.
Qualification and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in health, nutrition, development studies or equivalent. Master’s degree in Public health, nutrition, development studies or equivalent preferable
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in working in government, corporate or NGO environment managing health and/or nutrition projects. Experience in health and nutrition research and/or uptake will be an added advantage.
- Experience in managing field based School Health and Nutrition projects
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of the Zambia health and/or nutrition policy, strategies and programs.
- Experience working with the Ministry of Education or Ministry of Health at national and sub-national levels.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching.
- Experience of managing and shaping programs to deliver greater quality and of strengthening the capacity of partners.
- Ability to present complex information in a succinct and compelling manner.
- Fluency in English, both verbal and written, required.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply Save the Children Nutrition Advocacy Manager Jobs 2022
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 17 March 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.