Save the Children Hygiene WASH Officer Jobs 2022 – Zambia Jobs. Save the Children Zambia programme looking for “Hygiene WASH Officer”. Applicants with A Diploma in Environmental Health sciences may apply on or before 17 March 2022.
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in around 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential. Save the Children strives to achieve a world in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation. We work to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. Across all of our work, we pursue several core values: accountability, ambition, collaboration, creativity and integrity.
Save the Children Hygiene WASH Officer Jobs 2022
The Save the Children has published a job vacancy announcement on 05 March 2022 for qualified Zambia’s to fill in the vacant post of Hygiene WASH Officer to be based in Lusaka, Zambia.
|Recruiter||Save the Children|
|Position||Hygiene WASH Officer|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Qualification||Diploma in Environmental Health sciences|
|Experience Required||Minimum of 3 years|
|Application Deadline||17 March 2022|
Save the Children Job Vacancy 2022
Job Purpose: SUN II’s WASH officer will work closely with district local authorities and the WASH district colleagues to facilitate annual planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of WASH interventions in line with the approved SUN II’s Programme document and the Country Open Defecation Free (ODF) Vision 2030. Furthermore, the WASH officer will be key in facilitating community mobilisation and engagement on WASH in order to improve adoption of good WASH practices at community and household level.
- Participate in the training of volunteers and other community members on WASH including Community Led Total Sanitation-(CLTs) and Participatory Hygiene in the 4 SUN II supported districts of Western province.
- Work with Ministry of Local government, local authorities to promote WASH through CLTS and PHAST approach.
- Support local authorities to conduct regular community awareness campaigns and consultations through local leadership, government and/or ward development committees (WDCs) in SUN II supported districts aimed at building awareness on project objectives, activities, and implementation processes.
- Facilitate capacity building and strengthening of local authorities to plan, implement , coordinate and improve quality WASH services in SUN II supported districts.
- Establish or strengthen partnerships with International and Local organisations, government line ministries and various stakeholders to ensure ownership and long-term sustainability of WASH activities.
- Facilitate strengthening of school (S-WASH) and community level committees (V-WASH) to operate and maintain sanitation facilities.
- Facilitate and strengthen capacity of government line ministries and local authorities on monitoring of WASH activities including mainstreaming of gender in WASH and CLTS.
- Facilitate implementation evidence-based behavior change communication (SBC) strategies aimed at increasing the adoption of key WASH practices and behaviors at household level.
- Facilitate documentation of best practices, lessons learnt and project achievements.
- Provide indicator and target tracking reports on all community WASH activities.
Qualification and Experience:
- Diploma in Environmental Health sciences, Water engineering and related fields (Degree in Environment Health/Public Health is preferably).
- Three years practical experience in successful implementation of WASH programme.
- Demonstrated ability to work within a multi-faceted health development program in collaboration with local authorities, Government line ministries and local and international partners;
- Experience with participatory approaches for community engagement and mobilisation.
- A demonstrated track record in providing mentorship and supervision to strengthen healthcare services, training and use of quality improvement approaches;
- Familiarity with evidence-based WASH interventions and best practices that are the focus of this project;
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform;
- Ability to work independently and also as a team leader/member with diverse team of partners and counterparts;
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply Save the Children Hygiene WASH Officer Jobs 2022
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 17 March 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.