Save the Children Child Health Immunization Advisor Jobs 2022 – Zambia Jobs. Save the Children Zambia programme looking for “Child Health Immunization Advisor”. Applicants with A Diploma nurse with a post-graduate degree may apply on or before 11 June 2022.
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in around 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential. Save the Children strives to achieve a world in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation. We work to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. Across all of our work, we pursue several core values: accountability, ambition, collaboration, creativity and integrity.
Save the Children Child Health Immunization Advisor Jobs 2022
The Save the Children has published a job vacancy announcement on 01 June 2022 for qualified Zambia’s to fill in the vacant post of Child Health Immunization Advisor to be based in Lusaka, Zambia.
|Recruiter||Save the Children|
|Position||Child Health Immunization Advisor|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Qualification||Diploma nurse with a post-graduate degree|
|Experience Required||At least five years|
|Application Deadline||11 June 2022|
Save the Children Job Vacancy 2022
Job Purpose: The Child Health and Immunisation Advisor, in collaboration with two designated Momentum Country and Global Leadership (MCGL) Provincial Child Health and Immunisation Advisors, will work closely with the relevant units at all levels of the Ministry of Health (MOH) and with respective implementing partners to plan, implement and evaluate Child Health and Immunisation interventions in target districts in Central and Northern provinces. The Child Health and Immunisation Advisor will be based in Lusaka with frequent travel to provinces. He/she will: represent MCGL at various national technical working groups and committees related to child health and immunization; ensure deliverables within their technical area are implemented according to the set work plan; and ensure that best practices and key lessons learned are captured. On a day-to-day basis, he/she will work under the direction of the MCGL Project Lead.
The Child Health and Immunisation Advisor will provide direct technical support to MCGL’s Provincial TA Leads, in collaboration with national and provincial health teams, to plan, implement and monitor integrated Child Health and Immunisation activities. The Child Health and Immunisation Advisor will ensure the quality of key Child Health and Immunisation interventions, approaches to strengthen service delivery, and documentation of implementation activities. The Advisor will support provincial level staff to ensure program deliverables are achieved in a timely manner, consistent with the activity work plan. The Child Health and Immunization Advisor will also ensure key lessons learned and best practices are captured and documented.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Coordinate and provide integrated technical support to the MOH and MCGL Provincial Teams to implement key Child Health and Immunisation activities within existing reproductive, maternal, newborn, child and adolescent health (RMNCAH) provincial and district annual plans, identifying and addressing gaps;
- Support Provincial Coordinators to provide technical assistance and capacity building to provinces and districts with a comprehensive focus on interventions that help children thrive through the prevention and treatment of childhood illnesses e.g Early Childhood Development (ECD), Integrated Management of Newborn and Childhood Illness (IMNCI) and the Expanded Program for Immunization (EPI) in coordination with RMN advisor.
- Collaborate with the MOH to ensure the technical integrity and quality of program implementation at all levels;
- Build capacity of provincial MOH staff and MCGL Teams to improve Child Health and Immunisation service delivery and quality, using proven training approaches, mentorship and quality improvement methodologies and strategies;
- In collaboration with MCGL provincial teams, provide on-the-job training, follow-up support, and clinical mentoring to target facilities;
- Play a key role in the strategic planning, implementation, and monitoring and evaluation of activities to improve Child Health and Immunisation services;
- Maintain strategic relationships with the MOH provincial and district teams and other relevant stakeholders for the smooth implementation of program activities;
- Provide TA to Child Health and Immunisation trainings, meetings and workshops at the national, provincial, and district levels, as relevant to the program.
Qualification & Experience:
- Clinician, midwife or post-diploma nurse with a post-graduate degree, public health degree or equivalent combination of training and experience;
- At least five years of relevant work experience in successfully implementing Child Health and Immunisation programs;
- Familiarity with evidence-based Child Health and Immunisation interventions and best practices that are the focus of this project;
- Previous working relationships within USAID programs and with key multilateral agencies, bilateral donors and academic institutions;
- Demonstrated ability to work within a multi-faceted health development program in collaboration with national MOH personnel and local and international partners;
- A demonstrated track record in providing mentorship and supervision to strengthen healthcare services, training and use of quality improvement approaches;
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform;
- Ability to work independently and also as a team leader/member with diverse team of partners and counterparts;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral, written and presentation);
- Excellent computer skills and experience working with Microsoft Office applications;
- English fluency (verbal and written) required;
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply Save the Children Child Health Immunization Advisor Jobs 2022
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 11 June 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.