PIN WASH Officer Jobs 2021 – Zambia Jobs. PIN Zambia programme looking for “WASH Officer“. Applicants with a Diploma (or a degree) in relevant field may apply on or before 10th June 2021.
People in Need (PIN) are an international, non-profit organization providing humanitarian and development assistance around the world. Present in Zambia since 2017, PIN has directly and in cooperation with local partners implemented numerous humanitarian and development projects across Western, North Western and Lusaka provinces, mainly focusing on emergency and development Nutrition, WASH, Livelihoods, renewable energy and good governance programming (funded by UNICEF, DG DEVCO and Czech government).
PIN WASH Officer Jobs 2021
The PIN has published a job vacancy announcement on 04 June 2021 for qualified Zambia’s to fill in the vacant post of WASH Officer to be based in Lusaka, Zambia.
|Recruiter||People in Need (PIN)|
|Total Vacant Post||01|
|Qualification||Diploma (or a degree) in relevant field|
|Experience Required||At least 2 years|
|Application Deadline||10th June 2021|
PIN Job Vacancy 2021
Job Purpose: Reporting to the DPR Project Manager, the WASH Officer will be responsible for implementation of all project activities related to rehabilitation and upgrading of WASH and IPC infrastructure in Health Care Facilities and public spaces to mitigate the spread of COVID 19 in selected settlements of Lusaka. The WASH Officer will liaise and manage relations with project stakeholders such as government officials from line ministries and departments, community leaders (e.g. Ward Development Committees), suppliers, contractors and consortium partners.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Regularly review project timeframe, indicators and budget to ensure the project meets all targets.
- Liaise closely with MoH and MWDSEP and conduct needs and technical assessments in targeted health facilities regarding water supply, waste management and other IPC measures (e.g. separation, disinfection areas, waiting spaces, etc.
- Work with the MoH to select beneficiary Health Care Facilities
- Prepare the scope of work, material and works schedules and BoQs for the WASH rehabilitation works and upgrading of IPC in Health Facilities and public spaces
- Provide procurement unit with technical documentation and specifications for rehabilitation works.
- Manage and supervise at construction site construction works.
- Support roll our of public health campaigns
- Support adaptation of Participatory Hazard, Vulnerability and Capacity Assessment (PHVCA) and Emergency Preparedness and Response Plan (EPRP) to urban context.
- Supports the constituency and Ward Development Committee to develop the Emergency Preparedness and Response Plans (EPRP)
- Manage relations with project stakeholders such as community leaders, government officials and staff at the target health facilities
- Report to Project Manager on implementation of project activities and utilization of financial resources
- Participates in monitoring and evaluation activities
- Work with the MEAL Assistant in rolling out Complaint and Feedback Response Mechanisms (CFRM) in the target communities.
- Diploma (or a degree) in relevant field (water engineering, civil engineering, environmental sanitation, or any other relevant field)
- Understanding of and experience in project cycle management is beneficial
- Willingness to spend at least 80% of time in the field working with the target communities, community-based volunteers and government sub-district workers
- Female candidates are especially encouraged to apply.
Essential Work Experience and Knowledge:
- At least 2-3 years of experience in working on WASH infrastructure development
- Practical experience in preparation of technical documentation for construction projects.
- Experience of working for an international non-governmental organization is an advantage
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
- Experience in working with key local stakeholders (community leaders, government officials, health facility staff, etc.)
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Contract duration: 7 months
- Starting date: June 15, 2021
- Direct Line Manager: Disaster Preparedness and Response (DPR) Project Manager
- Language: Fluency in written and spoken English
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply PIN WASH Officer Jobs 2021
- Note: Please submit your application letterand an updated CV (max. 2 pages) via our application form before 10th June 2021
- All completed applications must clearly mention on top the position applied
- Due to limited resources, Human Resource will only contact the shortlisted candidates.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 10th June 2021
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.