JSI Strategic Information and M and E Director Jobs 2022 – Zambia Jobs. JSI Zambia looking for “Strategic Information and M and E Director”. Applicants with A Advanced degree may apply on or before 20 September 2022.
JSI Strategic Information and M and E Director Jobs 2022
The JSI has published a job vacancy announcement on 08 September 2022 for qualified Zambia’s to fill in the vacant post of Strategic Information and M and E Director to be based in Lusaka, Zambia.
|Recruiter||John Snow Inc (JSI)|
|Position||Strategic Information and M and E Director|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||Minimum 10-15 years|
|Application Deadline||20 September 2022|
JSI Job Vacancy 2022
Job Purpose: JSI seeks a dynamic and experienced Strategic Information and Monitoring and Evaluation (SI/M&E) Director for the anticipated United States Agency for International Development (USAID) funded Zambia Integrated Health Activity (ZIHA). The Activity will work in 3 provinces, Copperbelt, North Western, and Central, with the main objective focused on HIV prevention, care and treatment with integrated health services, specifically family planning and reproductive health (FP/RH) as well as maternal, newborn and child health (MNCH).
The SI/M&E Director is a full-time position based in Lusaka and is responsible for overseeing the M&E and knowledge management activities. The SI/M&E activities will be designed to enable program managers in the field to identify problems and their causes, and improve overall program performance. SI/M&E activities will assess and report on project outputs and life-of-program effects and results, providing USAID and the host government with a record of progress, effectiveness and lessons learned. The overall approach is expected to provide decision-makers with accurate, practical and useful information (both quantitative and qualitative) in a consistent, timely, and cost-effective manner. The SI/M&E Director will work closely with the Chief of Party (COP) and the SIM&E team as well as the JSI/Boston-based backstopping team. This position will report to the COP.
- Provision of overall technical oversight to the SI/M&E team, local government (LG) and partners on strategic planning and monitoring and evaluation (M&E) of program activities
- Manage a team that monitors the performance of all PMP indicators
- With technical and communications team, develop an approach to strategically use M&E data within the project and for external stakeholders
- Promotion of evidence based planning and decision making through use of program data as well as supplemental data sources, including DHS, ZPHIA Advise and train staff to perform their appropriate M&E tasks that include but are not limited to HMIS strengthening, quality improvement, applied technology, lot quality assurance sampling (LQAS) surveys, conducting data quality audits (DQAs) and subsequent data quality improvement;
- Oversee development and implementation of a robust research agenda which addresses critical questions in implementation and management of HIV, reproductive health and family planning and MNCH activities.
- Direct development of data use and visualization tools such as dashboards
- Serve as the focal point for M&E and liaise closely with the technical directorate, other aspects and strategies of the program to ensure consistency in the M&E approach;
- Develop and/or supervise weekly, monthly, quarterly, annual and LQAS reports for submission to USAID, MOH and other stakeholders including ad hoc USAID and MOH requests;
- Participate in national-, regional- and district-level M&E related meetings and
- Work in collaboration with technical leads and HQ advisors to develop study protocols and data collection tools
- Ensure all research activities comply with international and local IRB requirements.
- Participate in the development and submission of articles for peer reviewed journals
- Participate in the development of abstracts, posters and oral presentations for international conferences.
Qualification & Experience:
- Advanced degree in health and/or population sciences; PhD preferred
- Minimum 10-15 years of M&E senior level leadership experience in international health projects in a technical capacity; preferably including several years with USAID-funded projects;
- Demonstrated applied skills in M&E methods and innovations and use of data for systems strengthening projects/programs;
- Proven track record in the development and implementation of a public health research agenda, with a preference for experience in HIV
- Experience in the M&E of HIV, especially those funded by PEPFAR;
- Experience in the routine M&E of family planning and MNCH programs
- Demonstrated leadership working with other technical experts in M&E and research in the international community and at the host country level;
- Ability to work in diverse settings with public, private and NGO sectors;
- Ability to tailor data collection approaches to local needs, interests, and capabilities;
- Ability to convey M&E results to non-technical stakeholders and generate interest in the use
- of M&E data/results for programmatic improvements;
- Demonstrated capacity to oversee development/implementation of work plans, reports and
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork, supervisory, communications and mentoring skills;
- Strong communication skills in English
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply JSI Strategic Information and M and E Director Jobs 2022
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 20 September 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
JSI has been working to strengthen health services and systems in Zambia since the mid-1980s. JSI is the Government of Zambia’s lead partner in strengthening supply chain systems for HIV-related health commodities. In 2019, JSI-led HIV projects in Zambia supported testing of over 1.5 million people for HIV and identified 95,000 people living with HIV. Through the support of JSI-managed projects in Zambia, over 300,000 people are receiving antiretroviral therapy (ART). For HIV prevention, JSI-led projects circumcised over 130,000 men and enrolled almost 15,000 individuals on PrEP.