Jhpiego Research Director Jobs 2021 – Zambia Jobs. Jhpiego Zambia programme looking for “Research Director“. Applicants with a Master’s degree in public health or a social science may apply on or before 10 July 2021.
Jhpiego is a nonprofit organization for international health affiliated with Johns Hopkins University. The group was founded in 1973 and initially called the Johns Hopkins Program for International Education in Gynecology and Obstetrics, but is now referred to simply as Jhpiego.
Jhpiego Research Director Jobs 2021
The Jhpiego has published a job vacancy announcement on 22 June 2021 for qualified Zambia’s to fill in the vacant post of Research Director to be based in Lusaka, Zambia.
|Recruiter||Johns Hopkins Program for International Education in Gynecology and Obstetrics (Jhpiego)|
|Position||Monitoring Evaluation and Research Director|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Qualification||Master’s degree in public health or a social science|
|Experience Required||Ten years of experience|
|Application Deadline||10 July 2021|
Jhpiego Job Vacancy 2021
Job Purpose: The Monitoring, Evaluation and Research (M, E&R) Director will lead, coordinate and guide monitoring, evaluation and research activities across all of Jhpiego Zambia’s programs. This includes leading the unit in providing programs and donors with quality data monitoring, program evaluation and research, reviewing deliverables and reports, and ensuring high quality outputs. This position will directly support Jhpiego‘s priority to increase technical outputs (reports and publications), better analyze outcomes and impacts of Jhpiego technical innovations and programs, report on Jhpiego Performance Indicators (JPIs), and respond to new program development needs. The position will also support the organizational goal of enhancing capacity to demonstrate and communicate higher level quality programming successes, both to foster new markets for Jhpiego programs and to enhance the role of Jhpiego as a technical leader worldwide. This position is for an awarded USAID project.
- Provide leadership to Jhpiego/Zambia’s M,E&R Unit, coordinating activities and guiding staff members in the Unit to produce high quality program monitoring and evaluation and research.
- Identify opportunities for publication, reporting or presentation for Jhpiego Zambia programs, and link program staff with opportunities.
- Mentor writing of abstracts among program staff; assist in the production of manuscripts for peer-reviewed publications with a variety of authors from Jhpiego Zambia office; assist in writing and reviewing technical reports.
- Provide technical input into all stages of research and program evaluation conducted by Jhpiego Zambia.
- Together with M,E&R Unit, ensure successful implementation of program M,E&R strategies and frameworks and prompt and high quality reporting of program results.
- In collaboration with the Country Director, program staff and the M, E&R Unit, support development of proposals or other business development opportunities.
- Collaborate with the Technical Advisor strategic Information and ensure program monitoring data for reporting is available in a timely fashion for all programs within Jhpiego Zambia. Actively engage with and advise Ministry of Health (MOH), Ministry of Community Development, Mother & Child Health (MCDMCH), and other Implementing Partners on health information systems as a systems strengthening approach.
Qualification and Experience:
- Master’s degree in public health or a social science with specialization in international health or equivalent experience, PhD preferred
- Ten (10) years of experience in public health programs.
- Strong technical skills across a range of research and monitoring approaches, including ability to process and analyze data using one or more statistical software packages, including at least one of the following: SPSS, SAS, Stata, MS Access
- In-depth understanding of evolving international health priorities and donor expectations for program results, outcomes, impact and reporting.
- Technical and experiential knowledge of the range of applied research and monitoring and evaluation techniques, including the relationship of information systems to program, field, and global initiatives.
- Understanding of performance improvement and training techniques.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply Jhpiego Research Director Jobs 2021
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 10 July 2021
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.