IPA Research Associate Jobs 2021 – Zambia Jobs. IPA Zambia programme looking for “Research Associate“. Applicants with a Bachelor’s degree in economics may apply on or before 05 July 2021.
Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) is a research and policy nonprofit that discovers and promotes effective solutions to global poverty problems. IPA brings together researchers and decision-makers to design, rigorously evaluate, and refine these solutions and their applications, ensuring that the evidence created is used to improve the lives of the world’s poor. In recent decades, trillions of dollars have been spent on programs designed to reduce global poverty, but clear evidence on which programs succeed is rare, and when evidence does exist, decision-makers often do not know about it. IPA exists to bring together leading researchers and these decision-makers to ensure that the evidence we create leads to tangible impact on the world. Since its founding in 2002, IPA has worked with over 600 leading academics to conduct over 830 evaluations in 52 countries. This research has informed hundreds of successful programs that now impact millions of individuals worldwide.
IPA Research Associate Jobs 2021
The IPA has published a job vacancy announcement on 21 July 2021 for qualified Zambia’s to fill in the vacant post of Research Associate to be based in Lusaka, Zambia.
|Recruiter||Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA)|
|Total Vacant Post||01|
|Qualification||Bachelor’s degree in economics|
|Experience Required||A minimum of 1 year|
|Application Deadline||05 July 2021|
IPA Job Vacancy 2021
Job Purpose: IPA is seeking a highly motivated and qualified individual with outstanding project management, data analysis, people management and communication skills as a Research Associate to support the implementation of a research project. As an ideal candidate, you not only have a rock-solid technical foundation in impact evaluation methodology, but you can also independently guide and direct the activities that happen both upstream and downstream of any rigorous, randomized evaluation.
- Recruiting, training and supervising field-based teams
- Managing 1-2 long term project staff
- Refining and piloting survey questionnaires
- Supervising and monitoring data collection to ensure high-quality of the data
- Running data quality checks and fixing issues with data collected during data collection
- Assisting in data cleaning and preliminary analysis and ensuring ready access to all data for researchers and/or supervisors
- Documenting in detail all activities related to the project
- Maintaining accurate records of interviews, safeguarding the confidentiality of subjects, as necessary
- Preparing high-quality progress and results reports to PIs, research partners, and funding agencies, and sharing them timely
- Providing timely updates and responses to partner organizations, and participating in meetings with key stakeholders
- Managing project finances including budgeting, expense tracking and financial reporting
- Ensuring that all team members follow necessary protocols and procedures
- Handling day to day PI and partner communications
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in economics, public policy, or other quantitative social science disciplines (Master’s degree
- Quantitative Skills: Strong technical understanding of economics and econometrics required. Demonstrated proficiency in Stata,
- and experience with data management, and data cleaning
- A minimum of 1-year of work experience is required. Experience managing field staff in developing countries strongly preferred
- Excellent management and organizational skills; ability to successfully completing assigned tasks and meeting deadlines,
- Communication Skills: strong oral and written communication skills in the English language required
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply IPA Research Associate Jobs 2021
Note: Complete the J-PAL/IPA common application. After completing a brief registration, choose the Research job category, then select “Research Associate, Zambia”. Most applications for research positions require you to include at minimum two letters of recommendation, a statement of purpose (cover letter), CV, and transcripts.
Note that you are able to submit your application before your references complete their recommendation letters; however, you must include their contact information before submitting your application. Given the volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview