IPA Country Director Jobs 2021 – Zambia Jobs. IPA Zambia programme looking for “Country Director“. Applicants with a Master’s degree may apply on or before 21 June 2021.
Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) is a research and policy nonprofit that discovers and promotes effective solutions to global poverty problems. IPA brings together researchers and decision-makers to design, rigorously evaluate, and refine these solutions and their applications, ensuring that the evidence created is used to improve the lives of the world’s poor. In recent decades, trillions of dollars have been spent on programs designed to reduce global poverty, but clear evidence on which programs succeed is rare, and when evidence does exist, decision-makers often do not know about it. IPA exists to bring together leading researchers and these decision-makers to ensure that the evidence we create leads to tangible impact on the world. Since its founding in 2002, IPA has worked with over 600 leading academics to conduct over 830 evaluations in 52 countries. This research has informed hundreds of successful programs that now impact millions of individuals worldwide.
IPA Country Director Jobs 2021
The IPA has published a job vacancy announcement on 4 June 2021 for qualified Zambia’s to fill in the vacant post of Country Director to be based in Lusaka, Zambia /Lilongwe, Malawi.
|Recruiter||Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA)|
|Location||Lusaka, Zambia /Lilongwe, Malawi|
|Total Vacant Post||01|
|Experience Required||A minimum of 5 years|
|Application Deadline||21 June 2021|
IPA Job Vacancy 2021
Job Purpose: IPA seeks a Country Director to oversee its Zambia and Malawi offices. The Country Director will be based in Lusaka with travels to Lilongwe as required. The Country Director will work with IPA Global and key stakeholders to set the strategic direction for IPA in these countries and oversee multiple simultaneous impact evaluations in a variety of sectors, including rural development, financial inclusion, governance, education and public health. The position provides the opportunity to guide the research program in two countries, spend time in the field, direct in-country operations and to interact closely with academic researchers, local government agencies, donors, and other NGOs.
- Oversee and manage a team composed of Research Managers/Coordinators, Research Associates, and Field Managers, whose responsibilities include project design, management of data collection, data management and analysis, and writing of research reports, all in close collaboration with the Principal Investigators;
- Build systems and structures to ensure that the implementation of research activities follows IPA’s quality standards and Principal Investigator’s directions.
- Spearhead skills training for staff; and
- Work to incorporate best practices and lessons learned in research and operations by other IPA offices and research affiliates.
- Master’s degree in international affairs, international public policy, development economics, or field related to international economic development.
- A minimum of 5-7 years of relevant work experience, including 3 years in a management position.
- Demonstrated ability to lead large teams and multiple projects.
- Experience in developing research projects, experience with budgeting and project planning.
- Strong quantitative skills and familiarity with randomized controlled trials is an added advantage.
- Passion for connecting rigorous research to policy makers and practitioners and communicating what works in development.
- Commitment to leading a diverse team in a multicultural environment and building staff capacity.
- Ability to communicate effectively across cultures with multiple stakeholders including international and local academic researchers, government officials, NGO partners, enumeration teams, and study participants.
- Significant exposure to human resources and financial management.
- Experience in grants and contracts management, preferably in a research setting.
- Excellent management and organizational skills and ability to work independently.
- Flexible, self-motivating, able to manage multiple tasks efficiently, and a team player;
- Experience living and working in Africa
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Desired Start Date: July/August 2021
- Selection Process: Interview
- Language: Fluency in English is required, strong oral and written communication skills.
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply IPA Country Director Jobs 2021
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 21 June 2021
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.