ICAP Global Health Human Resources Manager Jobs 2022 – Zambia Jobs. ICAP Global Health Zambia programme looking for “Human Resources Manager”. Applicants with A Bachelor’s degree may apply on or before June 05, 2022.
Based at Columbia University with operations in more than 30 countries, ICAP is a leader in global public health, internationally known for tackling the world’s toughest health challenges—from HIV to tuberculosis, from malaria to maternal and child health, and the growing problem of non-communicable diseases, and most recently, the COVID-19 pandemic. Through innovative research, collaborative technical assistance, and a focus on strengthening health systems, ICAP helps to create better, more accessible, health services to reduce the burden of illness on people and communities. A beacon for inspiring change, ICAP disseminates knowledge and best practices to inspire better population health worldwide.
ICAP Global Health Human Resources Manager Jobs 2022
The ICAP Global Health has published a job vacancy announcement on May 28, 2022 for qualified Zambia’s to fill in the vacant post of Human Resources Manager to be based in Lusaka, Zambia.
|Recruiter||ICAP Global Health|
|Position||Human Resources Manager|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||At least 5+ years|
|Application Deadline||June 05, 2022|
ICAP Global Health Job Vacancy 2022
Overall Job Function
- The Human Resources Manager is responsible for all aspects of the human resource function within the country office. The position is responsible primarily for staffing, recruiting, retention, performance management, employee relations, compensation, compliance, individual development and succession planning. The incumbent ensures that HR initiatives are aligned with ICAP in Zambia’s mission, values and long-term business strategy, and that they support the evolving HR needs of the country office.
- Develop and recommend personnel policies and procedures and maintain local hire manual in accordance with labour laws and ICAP Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Actively participate in the full-cycle recruitment for all office vacancies which includes supporting managers in the writing and updating of job descriptions, placing job advertisements, screening and interviewing qualified candidates, conducting references checks and extending employment offers.
- Ensure that all new hires are on boarded appropriately and given access to ICAP policies and procedures. Support managers on the orientation of new employees.
- Act as the lead in-country promoter of ICAP’s professional development initiatives including both in-person and online learning opportunities. Assist employees and management on identifying learning opportunities.
- In partnership with the Country Director, manage all employee relations matters including conflict resolution and disciplinary matters that is in compliance with local labor laws, ICAP SOPs in order to meet the standards of a conducive working environment.
- Educate employees on available leave options and guidelines.
- Monitor employee time off tracking according to ICAP leave policies. Ensure prompt submission of time off tracking sheets as well as leave request forms.
- Collaborate with the Country Director and Director of Administration and Finance to conduct compensation reviews which entail salary survey data submissions and/or analysis of national inflation rates.
- In consultation with the Country Director, develop salary adjustment proposals for Human Resources Director’s review and approval.
- Coordinate the annual and intermittent staff appraisal process.
- Provide clear, consistent, ethical and legally-accurate advice to all employees on all aspects of Human Resources as needed and when requested as well as when specific risks are identified.
- Liaise with the Ministry of Labor and local legal counsel when needed on issues of compliance with local laws.
- Ensure that the organization is kept abreast of country employment laws.
- Lead preparation of monthly payroll data for payroll change file in collaboration with Finance department.
- Coordinate the administration of benefits by working closely with insurance carrier(s) to manage staff enrollments and terminations, issuance of insurance cards, Schedule periodic insurance benefits orientation for all staff members.
- Work alongside the Director of Administration and Finance in negotiating and preparation of consultant contracts/service provider agreements as per ICAP SOPs and per CDC guidance
- Liaise with the Country Director and safety and security focal person to ensure safety needs of all staff members are met during crises.
- Travel to the districts as needed to assist Country Director and Director of Administration and Finance with training and other duties.
- Perform other related duties as directed
- A Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management or equivalent
- 5+ years working experience in a similar post within an NGO or international organization
- Membership and/or certification with a recognized Human Resources Professional Body
- Masters’ Degree in Human Resource Management or equivalent an added advantage
Preferred Experience and Other Skills
- Ability to work under pressure meeting deadlines with limited supervision,
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills,
- Computer literacy in MS Office packages,
- Good interpersonal skills,
- High degree of professionalism and integrity,
- Ability to demonstrate good judgement and confidentiality at all times.
- Regular travel to sites or districts offices for support will be expected.
- Job no: 496350
- Work type: Regular Full-Time
- Location: Zambia – Lusaka
- Categories: Human Resources
How to Apply ICAP Global Health Human Resources Manager Jobs 2022
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: June 05, 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.