FQM Telecommunications Engineer Jobs 2022 – Zambia Jobs. FQM Zambia looking for “Telecommunications Engineer”. Applicants with A Degree or higher in Electrical Engineering may apply on or before 20 June 2022.
FQM Telecommunications Engineer Jobs 2022
The FQM has published a job vacancy announcement on 13 June 2022 for qualified Zambia’s to fill in the vacant post of Telecommunications Engineer to be based in Kalumbila, Zambia.
|Recruiter||First Quantum Minerals Ltd. (FQM)|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Qualification||Degree or higher in Electrical Engineering|
|Experience Required||SQL, Microsoft Access and Office experience|
|Application Deadline||20 June 2022|
FQM Job Vacancy 2022
Job Purpose: The Telecommunications Engineer supports the maintenance and installation of mining systems used in optimization, pit communication, and fatigue management. Driving the use of information systems in mine maintenance, KPI reporting, and maintenance optimization are key functions of the specialist.
Specific Job Responsibility:
- Responsible for on-boarding of all new mining systems in the mobile mining equipment including trucks, shovels, drills, loaders, and other ancillary equipment.
- Mesh Networks: Manage the new installations of all fixed and mobile access points in the mining area using the Rajant radios deployed in kinetic mesh technology; provide support on resolving complex problems and manage optimization and upgrade projects relating to mesh network infrastructure both on the backbone and access level; provide guidance and training to the technicians on new technologies relating to the mesh network
- Motorola 2-way radio networks: Manage the installations of all wireless radios on mobile mining equipment; manages all new installation projects and support tasks for the Motorola two-way radio system; Plan and develop strategies for optimization and upgrading of the two-way radio network; Configure new hand held and base radios for on the network; Assist in development of two-way radio user guidelines and policy for the company.
- Dispatch: Develops and plans the escalation and support process for dispatch system from modular mining systems; Maintain and manage the hardware components of Dispatch, ProVision and MineCare; Provides guidelines on new hardware installations relating to Modular mining systems.
- HPGPS and LPGPS Systems: Configure and provide support for PTXBs and PTXCs installed on the mine mobile equipment; Provide guidance and analysis for resolution of application problems relating to dispatch and ProVision
- Minecare and Modular Systems: Generate weekly and monthly reports on the status of the hardware run
- Safety Systems: Design, integrate and implement new mining systems solutions such safety Cameras for 360 degrees’ view and DSS fatigue management system.
Qualification & Experience:
- Previous experience working with Minecare, Modular, Rajant networks, Motorolla 2-way radio systems or similar systems. Experience in Tyresense and Caterpillar Driver Safety Systems is an added advantage.
- Previous experience in project/ maintenance management.
- Proven Competence in: VPNs (MPLS, PPP, IPsec, PPTP); Access lists; Switching including CoS 802.1P, VLAN 802.1Q; Firewalls; Monitoring tools (Net flow, Nagios
- etc.); VOIP (principles, codecs, fault finding); Testing and fault finding on LAN/WAN architectures; TCP/IP, DNS, SNMP; GSM, 3G (HSDPA etc.); Test procedures and Quality assurance; PCs and Networking.
- SQL, Microsoft Access and Office experience
- Valid Driver’s license
- Must have a Degree or higher in Electrical Engineering with Telecommunications Specialization.
- A qualification in Project Management is an advantage.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply FQM Telecommunications Engineer Jobs 2022
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 20 June 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. is a Canadian-based mining and metals company whose principal activities include mineral exploration, development and mining. Its main product is copper, which accounts for 80% of revenues as of 2016.