FQM Operational Readiness and Optimisation Engineer Jobs 2022 – Zambia Jobs. FQM Zambia looking for “Operational Readiness and Optimisation Engineer”. Applicants with A Full grade twelve (G12) certificate may apply on or before 12 September 2022.
FQM Operational Readiness and Optimisation Engineer Jobs 2022
The FQM has published a job vacancy announcement on 30 August 2022 for qualified Zambia’s to fill in the vacant post of Operational Readiness and Optimisation Engineer to be based in Kalumbila, Zambia.
|Recruiter||First Quantum Minerals Ltd. (FQM)|
|Position||Operational Readiness and Optimisation Engineer|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Qualification||Full grade twelve (G12) certificate|
|Experience Required||At least 2 years|
|Application Deadline||12 September 2022|
FQM Job Vacancy 2022
The role is a transitional role supporting the development and optimisation of the Enterprise Nickel project. It requires exposure to mining activities and is divided into two parts:
- operational readiness and general project engineering during the initial project phase of the Enterprise Nickel deposit.
- transition into operations means the role moves towards an operational excellence and optimisation role through the realisation and support of continuous improvement projects.
Specific Job Responsibility:
- Implementation Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to ensure measurable and progress are in place in order to support the mine site operations through the information systems.
- Support problem solving and implementation planning through the application of an in depth understanding of the mining business, and key cost and business drivers.
- Ensure compliance with environmental, health, and safety legal requirements
- Establish the Enterprise Project capability to provide the expected operational deliverables through the deployment of the relevant enabling systems such as operating systems, maintenance systems, support systems, operator training systems, and setting the context for an efficient operation.
- Support the Project team through the development, maintenance and control of change management systems, knowledge management systems and project monitoring and control systems.
- At all times strive to implement a sturdy Operations basis ultimately enhancing the attainment of Operational Excellence
- Interact with other stakeholders such as support departments and corporate support to track and monitor their operational readiness programs, and provide coaching assistance where necessary.
- Provide direct support to field operatives during the ramp up phase.
- Provide support to the project team during construction and commissioning phase.
- Assist in developing and/or maintaining any relevant project management tools ensuring control of scope, time, cost, resourcing, risk, procurement and communications.
- Develop and nurture strong relationships with all stakeholders on the nickel value chain, nurturing a ‘team’ environment with mining, geology, mine planning, maintenance, maintenance planning, metallurgists/plant ops, logistics and data systems; Take ownership in developing these interactions to the benefit of the team and the operation.
- Develop with the relevant resources the use of modern data techniques to support the operational readiness and the operational systems along the value chain.
Qualification & Experience:
- Minimum two years of experience with responsibilities in a project environment.
- Minimum two years of experience in CI or an Operating Excellence environment using Lean, Six Sigma, or other CI processes.
- Sophisticated user of the Microsoft Suite®, in particular Excel, PowerPoint, and Power BI.
- Experience with Python, SQL, and data and statistical analytics is a strong asset.
- Proven success implementing change through end user and partner engagement, and sustaining results in an operationally complex business.
- Experience developing business cases, and an ability to communicate through multiple mediums.
- Full grade twelve (G12) certificate.
- Degree in Finance, Mining, Engineering, Processing, Project Managment or qualification in a related subject area.
- PMP, PRINCE2 or similar project management qualification is considered beneficial.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply FQM Operational Readiness and Optimisation Engineer Jobs 2022
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 12 September 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. is a Canadian-based mining and metals company whose principal activities include mineral exploration, development and mining. Its main product is copper, which accounts for 80% of revenues as of 2016.