FQM Officer Safety Jobs 2022 – Zambia Jobs. FQM Zambia programme looking for “Officer Safety”. Applicants with A Grade 12 may apply on or before May 30, 2022.
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. is a Canadian-based mining and metals company whose principal activities include mineral exploration, development and mining. Its main product is copper, which accounts for 80% of revenues as of 2016.
FQM Officer Safety Jobs 2022
The FQM has published a job vacancy announcement on May 23, 2022 for qualified Zambia’s to fill in the vacant post of Officer Safety to be based in Solwezi, Zambia.
|Recruiter||First Quantum Minerals Ltd. (FQM)|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||At least 03 years|
|Application Deadline||May 30, 2022|
FQM Job Vacancy 2022
- The safety Officer is responsible for planning, organizing, and directing day-to-day activities that affect the EHS programs. The safety officer is responsible for developing and implementing a safe work environment, and performing safety audits and inspections in order to prevent injury to workers, damage to property and ensure legal compliance.
- Perform workplace audits and inspections.
- Engage with site supervision and employees to continuously improve the safety performance of the work groups.
- Conduct site inductions for employees and contractors as well as other training as required.
- Assist with the provision of site emergency services including prevention, preparedness and response and participation at training exercises.
- Grow safety participation in pre-starts and toolbox meetings, HSE committee and H&S management meetings.
- Conduct hazard, risk assessments and workplace random alcohol screening
- Maintain all safety, training, health and medical records according to established procedures to ensure accuracy, completeness and privacy.
- Assist in the design and implementation of safety topics
- Attend crew toolbox meetings on a daily basis
- Monitor and review incidents and review recurrent events and assist in development and implementation of remedial actions.
- Participate in all incident investigations and identify areas for improvement, and ensure relevant alerts are sent for circulation.
- Support the organizational culture of FQM (Bolder, Driven, Smarter, Together) and actively promote its translation in terms of safety related activity
- Ensure established company health, safety policies and procedures are upheld
- Ensure all incidents are recorded on and daily safety reports are up to date.
- Ensure all Non Conformances are identified and actioned and close outs are complete.
- In conjunction with local supervisors, conduct informal daily and periodic formal safety inspections in all areas within the scope of the job site.
- Randomly conduct Planned Task Observations
- Grade 12 Certificate
- Diploma in OSHE or any related science or engineering discipline from a reputable institution.
- Able to understand Company Procedures, Guide to Mining Regulation and other Zambian laws.
- Holder of a driver’s license
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as Safety Officer in a mining, heavy engineering or Construction setting.
- Ability to man a shift.
- Advanced understanding of Safety and Associated systems.
- Good Computer literacy
- Experience working with International systems i.e. ISO 45001/OHSAS 18001 will be an added advantage. Excellent written and oral communications skills
How to Apply FQM Officer Safety Jobs 2022
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: May 30, 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.