FQM Mining Chief Engineer Jobs 2022 – Zambia Jobs. FQM Zambia looking for “Mining Chief Engineer”. Applicants with A BSc/BEng Mining Engineering may apply on or before 09 August 2022.
FQM Mining Chief Engineer Jobs 2022
The FQM has published a job vacancy announcement on 27 July 2022 for qualified Zambia’s to fill in the vacant post of Mining Chief Engineer to be based in Kalumbila, Zambia.
|Recruiter||First Quantum Minerals Ltd. (FQM)|
|Position||Mining Chief Engineer|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Qualification||BSc/BEng Mining Engineering|
|Experience Required||15 years|
|Application Deadline||09 August 2022|
FQM Job Vacancy 2022
Overall Job Purpose: Reporting to the Manager Mine Technical, the purpose of this role is to ensure timely delivery of mine planning processes to meet the corporate strategic goals and to execute the short to medium term Mine Plan. The focus of this role is to optimise the short term planning functions for load and haul, drill and blast and short to medium term mining projects.
The Chief Mining Engineer will be required to develop his team through supervision, training, mentoring and coaching.
The role requires the incumbent to assist in ensuring all statutory requirements are met as per the Mining Regulation 207.
Specific Job Responsibility:
- Ensuring the mine planning department provides mine planning and scheduling services to meet mining department plans and budgets.
- Manage all mine planning and scheduling processes onsite.
- Provide specialist mine planning support to the Manager Mine Technical.
- Ensure that pit designs are practical, economical and address all relevant standards.
- Providing leadership in ensuring all work supports safe operation and that all staff actively participates in promoting a positive safety culture.
- Establishing suitable processes for the identification of strategic and tactical operating options.
- Ensure your team understands the work plan and priorities, and that they have the skills and knowledge necessary to provide the required level of planning for the operation.
- Providing guidance to the team when managing various technical aspects across the operation.
- Define and optimise mine planning scenarios to maximise business opportunities.
- Effective and timely collaboration and communication with Operations and Mine Planning teams.
- BSc/BEng Mining Engineering.
- Relevant Masters will be an added advantage
- 15 years’ progressive relevant experience (preferably open-pit mining) including 5 years as a Mine Planner.
- Have an in-depth understanding of mining and mine planning processes especially open-pit mining.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply FQM Mining Chief Engineer Jobs 2022
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 09 August 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. is a Canadian-based mining and metals company whose principal activities include mineral exploration, development and mining. Its main product is copper, which accounts for 80% of revenues as of 2016.