FQM Metallurgist – Primary Smelting Jobs 2022 – Zambia Jobs. FQM Zambia looking for “Metallurgist – Primary Smelting”. Applicants with A University level qualification may apply on or before 27 June 2022.
FQM Metallurgist – Primary Smelting Jobs 2022
The FQM has published a job vacancy announcement on 13 June 2022 for qualified Zambia’s to fill in the vacant post of Metallurgist – Primary Smelting to be based in Solwezi, Zambia.
|Recruiter||First Quantum Minerals Ltd. (FQM)|
|Position||Metallurgist – Primary Smelting|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Qualification||University level qualification|
|Experience Required||Operating experience in a process plant|
|Application Deadline||27 June 2022|
FQM Job Vacancy 2022
Assist the Superintendent Technical – Primary Smelting in:
- Carrying out process and operating improvement projects.
- Improving process and operating safety, productivity and cost.
The Primary Smelting Section consists of a Materials Handling Plant, an Isasmelt ™ Furnace; Waste Heat Boiler and associated off gas collection system and a Matte Setting Electric Furnace.
This position will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, as well as finance, human resources, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function.
- Monitor, analyse and report on the operation of plant equipment items and processes in the Primary Smelting Section using a range of tools, information and systems
- Carry out data analysis and process calculations using computer-based systems
- Write technical reports and give technical presentations to internal and external audiences
- Generate production reports using computer-based systems such as the plant data historian (PI)
- Generate operating plans to achieve production targets
- Assist in the maintenance and further development of the PI system
- Identify process and equipment problems; suggest strategies, changes and modifications to solve these problems
- Carry out site-based sampling and test-work as directed by the Superintendent – Technical
- Identify opportunities for equipment and process improvements
- Assist with (and manage) projects to improve plant operations and safety
- Assist operators and maintenance workers with fault-finding and problem solving
- Offer technical advice and process information to operators and maintenance workers to assist in achieving plant safety and production targets
- Assist in keeping the plant Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs) up-to-date
- Develop operating procedures, risk assessments, safe work instructions and other similar documents as required
- Provide technical supervision and assistance during plant shutdowns
- Manage and maintain refractory monitoring systems
- Other duties as directed by the Superintendent – Technical
Qualification & Experience:
- Minimum university-level qualification in either Process Engineering, Mineral Processing, Chemical Engineering, Metallurgy or equivalent
- Operating experience in a process plant, in particular a copper smelter
- Skilled user of standard computer applications such as Microsoft Excel
- Familiarity with engineering drawings
- Advanced level of literacy and numeracy
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply FQM Metallurgist – Primary Smelting Jobs 2022
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 27 June 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. is a Canadian-based mining and metals company whose principal activities include mineral exploration, development and mining. Its main product is copper, which accounts for 80% of revenues as of 2016.