FQM Mechanician – Instrumentation Jobs 2022 – Zambia Jobs. FQM Zambia looking for “Mechanician – Instrumentation”. Applicants with A Trade Certificate in Instrumentation may apply on or before 28 August 2022.
FQM Mechanician – Instrumentation Jobs 2022
The FQM has published a job vacancy announcement on 22 August 2022 for qualified Zambia’s to fill in the vacant post of Mechanician – Instrumentation to be based in Solwezi, Zambia.
|Recruiter||First Quantum Minerals Ltd. (FQM)|
|Position||Mechanician – Instrumentation|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Qualification||Trade Certificate in Instrumentation|
|Experience Required||A Minimum Requirement of 2 years|
|Application Deadline||28 August 2022|
FQM Job Vacancy 2022
Purpose: The Instrumentation Mechanician will be responsible to perform allocated and specific tasks, given by Supervisor, that ensure the Availability and Operational efficiency of all the installed Field Instrumentation throughout the Smelter, and Specific Areas; in order to minimize / reduce Production Down Time and also ensuring that all Process Parameters are Effectively Functioning as per the Smelter Design and Operation.
The Instrumentation Mechanician can be required to perform Shift Work, Standby, and Call-Outs, as per the required key responsibilities and other Tasks issued by either the Control & Instrumentation Superintendent, Senior Supervisor and the respective Supervisor.
- Installations, Fault Finding and Replacement of Instrumentation Equipment in area of responsibility – ensuring that both Company and Vendor Safety and Quality standards are adhered to, whilst ensuring minimum disruption to the Process Plant Operation or Production.
- Perform Fault Analysis / Fault Finding / Root Cause Analysis in order to Eliminate Re-Occurrences of Repetitive Faults and improve Process Efficiency and Equipment.
- Have an Understanding of the Control Narratives of the Processing Plant in relation to the Instrumentation Equipment installed and ability to Operate / Configure / Set-Up installed Instrumentation Equipment adequately, taking following requirements into consideration – Safe Work Permits, Risk Assessments, and Simulation, and Bypass of Operational Loops.
- Adherence to the Company Planned and Preventative Maintenance Schedules in Area of Responsibility and all Safe Operating and Equipment Procedures Procedures.
- Execute all Instrumentation Maintenance Schedules in area of Responsibility and focus on effective Communication with respect to Maintenance Works Orders and keep Back Log to the Minimum, and following correct Engineering Standards w.r.t Maintenance, and Inspection Schedules.
- Keeping Record / Compile of all Instrumentation Log Sheets in Area of Responsibility and Provide Adequate / End of Shift Feedback to Direct Line Managers.
- Ensure the Correct and Safe Usage of all Workshop Tools and PPE. Apply and Practice Correct and Safe Working / Operating Principles and Standards during all Instrumentation Maintenance Tasks and Comply / Adhere to all Safe Working / Operating Procedures.
- Participate as a Team player in the Instrumentation Section and Comply with all KMP and Smelter Health and Safety Requirements.
- Minimum Requirement is a Trade Certificate in Instrumentation, for this role.
- A Minimum Requirement of 2 years, as an Instrumentation Mechanician, or Technician, within a Pyrometallurgical Metallurgical Processing or Metallurgical Processing Operation.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply FQM Mechanician – Instrumentation Jobs 2022
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 28 August 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. is a Canadian-based mining and metals company whose principal activities include mineral exploration, development and mining. Its main product is copper, which accounts for 80% of revenues as of 2016.