FQM Mechanical Supervisor Jobs 2022 – Zambia Jobs. FQM Zambia looking for “Mechanical Supervisor”. Applicants with A G12 Certificate may apply on or before 01 September 2022.
FQM Mechanical Supervisor Jobs 2022
The FQM has published a job vacancy announcement on 22 August 2022 for qualified Zambia’s to fill in the vacant post of Mechanical Supervisor to be based in Solwezi, Zambia.
|Recruiter||First Quantum Minerals Ltd. (FQM)|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||3 years|
|Application Deadline||01 September 2022|
FQM Job Vacancy 2022
Purpose: This position exists on maximize plant availability through maintaining the operational integrity of the fixed plant equipment, in order to achieve production targets. This position is also responsible for providing the highest quality services and ensuring all services provided, are performed in a safe and timely manner.
- Carry out planned maintenance jobs as per OEM Standard and work order completion.
- Perform a high standard in machining, milling, and boring (as required by a workshop environment).
- Maintain excellent customer relations through frequent communication.
- Prepare accurate service and repair reports in a timely manner.
- Be a self-starter and able to work autonomously and as part of a team.
- Demonstrate a commitment to workplace safety and the safety of co-workers.
- Be accurate, methodical, practical, and safety-conscious when using workshop equipment and tools.
- Compliance with safe working standards and documents such as JSA’s, Work Procedure, SWI’s, etc. in the rebuild workshop.
- Ensure compliance with Safety and Environmental Management systems, policies, and procedures along with ensuring that all risks have been identified and managed and a safe working environment is maintained.
- A clear understanding of preventative maintenance, strong communication skills and a flexible “can do” work ethic.
- Ensure good housekeeping practices are maintained by cleaning up before, during, and after every task and not leaving any hazards within the workplace.
- Have the ability to diagnose faults with equipment through observation.
- G12 Certificate
- A Craft certificate as a machinist fitter and turner from a recognized Zambian institution [higher qualifications will be advantageous].
- A valid Zambian light vehicle driving license.
- Troubleshooting abilities on various types of pumps, gearboxes, and various types of valves (experience in hydraulics and cyclones will be advantageous).
- Machining workshop experience in crushing, milling, flotation, tailings, reagents, and water services (with preference given to fixed plant experience).
- Experience/knowledge to operate forklifts, man-lifts and overhead cranes will be advantageous.
- Engineering workshop machining, with the preference of fixed plants (Engineering) will be advantageous.
- The ability to measure and read Engineering detail drawings.
- Troubleshooting and fault-finding abilities.
- 3 years experience in the mining maintenance industry or equivalent private industry as a qualified Artisan Machinist.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply FQM Mechanical Supervisor Jobs 2022
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 01 September 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. is a Canadian-based mining and metals company whose principal activities include mineral exploration, development and mining. Its main product is copper, which accounts for 80% of revenues as of 2016.