FQM Fitter Artisan Jobs 2022 – Zambia Jobs. FQM Zambia looking for “Fitter Artisan”. Applicants with A Grade 12 Certificate may apply on or before 01 July 2022.
FQM Fitter Artisan Jobs 2022
The FQM has published a job vacancy announcement on 18 June 2022 for qualified Zambia’s to fill in the vacant post of Fitter Artisan to be based in Kalumbila, Zambia.
|Recruiter||First Quantum Minerals Ltd. (FQM)|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Qualification||Grade 12 Certificate|
|Experience Required||3 years|
|Application Deadline||01 July 2022|
FQM Job Vacancy 2022
Job Purpose: The position of the fitter is to maximize plant availability through, maintaining the operational integrity of the plant & equipment in order to achieve production targets. Reporting directly to the Mechanical Supervisor, you shall be responsible for providing the highest quality services and that all services provided are performed within a safe and timely manner.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform all plant maintenance tasks in a safe, timely and to a high quality and preventing any rework.
- Be a self-starter and able to work with both autonomously and as part of a team.
- Demonstrate a commitment to workplace safety and the safety of your co-workers.
- Be accurate, methodical, practical and safety-conscious when installing and maintaining mechanical equipment.
- Carry out planned maintenance jobs as per OEM Standard and work order completion.
- Keep equipment available preventive maintenance such as; overhaul of pumps, pulleys, gearboxes, pinion shafts and bearing replacement on motors.
- Prepare accurate service and repair reports in a timely manner.
- Repair and service all plant equipment products within the established standards.
- Ensure good housekeeping practices are maintained by cleaning up before, during and after every task.
- Have the ability to diagnose faults with equipment through observation.
- Have the ability to take care of available hand tools.
- Assist in the proactive identification of repair and maintenance works required.
- Ensure that all completed work orders are closed out with accurate time confirmations
- Be able to work overtime if the need arises.
- Be able to adhere to the safety requirements of the task.
- Ensure that all tools, plant and equipment are kept in good condition, meet required safety standards and are available for use when required.
Qualification & Experience:
- Grade 12 Certificate.
- A minimum of a Craft Certificate in Mechanical field with experience in the Flotation and Concentrate section. A Higher qualifications will be an added advantage.
- 3 years’ experience in the mining industry or equivalent private industry as a fitter.
- Troubleshooting abilities on various centrifugal pumps, conveyor drives, conveyors, experience in hydraulics and knowledge of cyclone maintenance and rebuilds will be an advantage.
- Construction and maintenance background, with preference given to direct mining experience.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply FQM Fitter Artisan Jobs 2022
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 01 July 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. is a Canadian-based mining and metals company whose principal activities include mineral exploration, development and mining. Its main product is copper, which accounts for 80% of revenues as of 2016.