FQM Earthworks and Construction Superintendent Jobs 2022 – Zambia Jobs. FQM Zambia looking for “Earthworks and Construction Superintendent”. Applicants with A Minimum of Degree in Civil Engineering may apply on or before 27 September 2022.
FQM Earthworks and Construction Superintendent Jobs 2022
The FQM has published a job vacancy announcement on 13 September 2022 for qualified Zambia’s to fill in the vacant post of Earthworks and Construction Superintendent to be based in Kalumbila, Zambia.
|Recruiter||First Quantum Minerals Ltd. (FQM)|
|Position||Earthworks and Construction Superintendent|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Qualification||Minimum of Degree in Civil Engineering|
|Experience Required||15 years|
|Application Deadline||27 September 2022|
FQM Job Vacancy 2022
Overall Job Purpose:
The position of Superintendent Site Earthworks and Construction will entail the supervision and control of the various site maintenance teams for the construction of Roads, Platforms, Tailings lifts and Dams in the Sentinel mine lease area. You shall be responsible for providing the highest quality services and that all services provided are performed within a safe and timely manner.
Specific Job Responsibility:
- Lead the team in all Site Maintenance functions of your assigned section.
- Provide training/guidance/direction to Site Maintenance Coordinators reporting directly to you on all matters related to construction functions in your responsible section.
- Monitor and control the activities of all Site Maintenance personnel including contractors in your responsible section.
- Enforce accuracy, methodology and practicality; when giving guidance to Site Maintenance staff in your responsible section.
- Enforce compliance to work orders and documents such as JSA’s, work procedure’s, SWI’s, etc.
- Ensure that all your subordinates are trained and aware of specifications, work procedures and utilised to ensure optimal efficiency.
- Assist in the proactive identification of repair and maintenance works required.
- Understand, plan and manage all related cost controls of the various sections under your responsibility.
- Ability to plan required work activities; to ensure that specifications are adhered to, tools, equipment and materials are available to execute all tasks when required.
- Responsible for safety of all personnel in your designated area.
- Support project works and construction management; in planning and utilisation by proper means and method of execution.
- Analyse situations; identify / foresee pertinent problems and evaluate realistic options; recommend and implement appropriate course of action where required.
Qualification & Experience:
- 15 years’ experience in the Management and Construction of Roads, Dams and bulk earthworks projects
- Previous experience in a Mining environment and Tailings lifts will be an added advantage.
- A Grade 12 Certificate.
- A minimum of Degree in Civil Engineering or related Field or Diploma in Civil Engineering or related Field and necessary experience
- A member of the Engineering Institution of Zambia (EIZ) or ability to obtain membership of this Institution.
- Valid SADC driver’s permit.
- Requisition Number: JR7502
- Country: Zambia
- Contract Type: On-going
- Location: Kalumbila
- Categories: Services
How to Apply FQM Earthworks and Construction Superintendent Jobs 2022
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 27 September 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. is a Canadian-based mining and metals company whose principal activities include mineral exploration, development and mining. Its main product is copper, which accounts for 80% of revenues as of 2016.