FAO Operations Specialist Jobs 2022 – Zambia Jobs. FAO Zambia programme looking for “Operations Specialist”. Applicants with A University Degree may apply on or before 08 June 2022.
The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger and improve nutrition and food security. Its Latin motto, fiat panis, translates to “let there be bread”. It was founded in October 1945.
FAO Operations Specialist Jobs 2022
The FAO has published a job vacancy announcement on 25 May 2022 for qualified Zambia’s to fill in the vacant post of Operations Specialist to be based in Lusaka, Zambia.
|Recruiter||Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO)|
|Position||Operations Specialist – National Project Personnel|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||At least 5 years|
|Application Deadline||08 June 2022|
FAO Job Vacancy 2022
Reporting Lines: The Operations Officer reports to the Chief Technical Advisor (CTA) under the overall guidance of the FAO Representative in Zambia The He/she works in close collaboration with implementing partners from Ministry of Agriculture (MoA), NGOs and relevant FAO technical units in headquarters, at regional level (RAF) and sub-regional level (Sub-regional Office for Southern Africa (SFS) and in close collaboration with administrative and technical units in FAO Zambia.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Act as a focal point for all project operational matters, organize and handle the day-to-day operational activities of the field programme (including emergency, rehabilitation and development projects, in national, regional and global projects) and takes action in consultation with supervisors on any issues which arise during the execution period; Prepares project task force meetings and provides secretariat support ;
- Ensure the timely provision of project inputs (personnel, technical support services, sub-contracts, training, equipment and supplies) directly by the Organization or, when appropriate, through contractors and in liaison with other support units;
- Participate in the preparation of project work plans, monitor progress and identify corrective measures to overcome operational constraints;
- Review and monitor the project budget, prepare requests and revision as required, maintain and monitor budget expenditures and resources, reviews project transaction listings with a view to identify errors in accounting against budget lines;
- Prepare and submit the Project Implementation Reports and any other reports required by the Organization;
- Ensure the completeness and quality of data and documentation in the FAO corporate systems (e.g. GRMS, FPMIS), for all assigned operational field projects and activities;
- Prepare analytical reports on project performances as required;
- Coordinate action concerning the completion of field projects and arranges for timely and adequate reporting, including identification of project follow-up requirements;
- Contribute to the formulation of project proposals according to FAO’s procedures and prepare project documents for technical clearance and final approval under different funding arrangements;
- Performs other duties as required
Qualification & Experience:
- Advanced university degree in public or business administration, finance, accounting, economics, social sciences or other fields related to the FAO mandate;
- At least Five years of relevant experience in project management/operations and support;
- Working knowledge of the English language [i.e. spoken and written]
- Should be a Zambian National
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply FAO Operations Specialist Jobs 2022
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 08 June 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.