FAO National Sustainable Value Chain Specialists Jobs 2021 – Zambia Jobs. FAO Zambia programme looking for “National Sustainable Value Chain Specialists”. Applicants with a Advanced/ Masters Degree in Agricultural Economics may apply on or before 29 July 2021.
The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger and improve nutrition and food security. Its Latin motto, fiat panis, translates to “let there be bread”. It was founded in October 1945.
FAO National Sustainable Value Chain Specialists Jobs 2021
The FAO has published a job vacancy announcement on 20 July 2021 for qualified Zambia’s to fill in the vacant post of National Sustainable Value Chain Specialists to be based in Lusaka, Zambia.
|Recruiter||Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO)|
|Position||National Sustainable Value Chain Specialists|
|Total Vacant Post||02|
|Qualification||Advanced/ Masters Degree in Agricultural Economics|
|Experience Required||At least 5 years|
|Application Deadline||29 July 2021|
FAO Job Vacancy 2021
Job Purpose: The objective of the national consultants’ assignment is to conduct data collection and analysis to provide an initial broad understanding of the state of soybean VC – with respect to the core sustainable dimensions – economic, social and environmental -, considering territorial differences-, highlighting current performance, trends, challenges and opportunities, particularly in the youth employment.
- Carry out situational analysis and literature review to get familiar with the current government policy thrust in soybean value chain [ie. national policies, strategies and incentive frameworks for the soybean and related subsectors, i.e. poultry, dairy and aquaculture]. Past and ongoing national initiatives in the soybean and related sectors will be reviewed. Soybean governance; statistics and reports as well as inputs for technical documents, existing Soybean VCA in Zambia etc.
- Develop a technical work plan for primary data collection process, considering the situation of Covid-19 and the limitations in carrying out the study on the ground, to produce Soybean VCA from a functional and economic, social and environmental standard point.
- Conduct a series of individual interviews with key informants on different topics affecting the Soybean VCA: socio-economic, end markets; employment, livelihoods; mid-stream segments and markets; food security, nutrition, health; environment and natural resources; agribusiness and investment needs assessment;; and stability, risks, territories, and governance issues.
- Contribute and support the activities related to identifying and costing the investments needed to upgrade the Soybean VC in Zambia
- Advanced/ Masters Degree in Agricultural Economics, Agricultural Science or related field,
- At least 5 years relevant experience in one or more of the following areas: value chain analysis and development, agribusiness and market development, agro-food processing, post-harvest handling, and agro-food industry technologies.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Working knowledge of the English language [i.e. spoken and written]
- Should be a Zambian National or resident in the country with a regular work permit.
- Duration: 11 months
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply FAO National Sustainable Value Chain Specialists Jobs 2021
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 29 July 2021
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.