FAO Driver Jobs 2021 – Zambia Jobs. FAO Zambia programme looking for “Driver“. Applicants with a Secondary school education may apply on or before 15th June 2021.
The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger and improve nutrition and food security. Its Latin motto, fiat panis, translates to “let there be bread”. It was founded in October 1945.
FAO Driver Jobs 2021
The FAO has published a job vacancy announcement on 1st June 2021 for qualified Zambia’s to fill in the vacant post of Driver to be based in Lusaka, Zambia.
|Recruiter||Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO)|
|Total Vacant Post||01|
|Qualification||Secondary school education|
|Experience Required||Minimum one years|
|Application Deadline||15th June 2021|
FAO Job Vacancy 2021
Technical Focus: In his/her function as Driver for the FAO Representations, the incumbent is in regular contact with staff from all levels of the country office, with national and international visitors, with (high ranking) officials from the government and other UN agencies, with project managers, consultants and other personnel from within and outside the organization. He/she is often the first point of contact for people from outside the country office. He/she interacts on a day-to-day basis with personnel and officials from local offices and service.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Drive the country office staff and their official visitors on official trips, and drive the FAO Representative and his/her visitors on occasions as necessary.
- Meet staff and official visitors at the airport, facilitate immigration, customs formalities, hotel check-in and other local formalities
- Log official trips mileage, fuel consumption, transportation / vehicle related expenditures, vehicle servicing, repairs, etc.
- Ensure day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle(s); checks oil, water, battery, tyres, perform minor repairs and timely arrange for an other repairs necessary to keep the vehicle safe and technically sound at all times; maintain the vehicle(s) in clean conditions.
- Handle local and organizational formalities when involved in an accident, ensure that in this case all organizational and local country rules, regulations and procedures are followed correctly.
- Collect and deliver mail, documents, pouches, and other communications / items from and to the country office, go to the post office, airport, government agencies, other UN agencies, institutions, project sites, etc. to take and deliver items and communications; keep records as required;
- When needed, assist the country office staff in performing simple clerical duties such as making and answering telephone calls, photocopies, scanning, keeping records, etc.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Secondary school education. Possession of valid driver’s license.
- Two years of work experience as a driver. Flawless, safe driving record
- Working knowledge of English as a language
- National of Zambia.
- Good knowledge of the local driving rules and regulations; skills in minor vehicle repair
- A high degree of punctuality ad reliability is required
- Safe driving manner. Good sense of direction and knowledge of local conditions
- Ability to cope with extended working hours
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Job Type: Non-staff opportunities
- Organizational Unit: FRZAM
- Type of Requisition: NPP (National Project Personnel)
- Grade Level: N/A
- Duration: 12 MONTHS
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply FAO Driver Jobs 2021
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 15th June 2021
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.