FAO Agribusiness Specialist Jobs 2022 – Zambia Jobs. FAO Zambia programme looking for “Agribusiness Specialist”. Applicants with A University Degree may apply on or before 08 June 2022.
The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger and improve nutrition and food security. Its Latin motto, fiat panis, translates to “let there be bread”. It was founded in October 1945.
FAO Agribusiness Specialist Jobs 2022
The FAO has published a job vacancy announcement on 25 May 2022 for qualified Zambia’s to fill in the vacant post of Agribusiness Specialist to be based in Lusaka, Zambia.
|Recruiter||Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO)|
|Position||Agribusiness Specialist – National Project Personnel|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||At least 5 years|
|Application Deadline||08 June 2022|
FAO Job Vacancy 2022
Reporting Lines: The Agribusiness Specialist will work under the overall guidance of the FAO Representative in Zambia and directly reports to the Chief Technical Advisor (CTA). The incumbent will work in close collaboration with implementing partners from Ministry of Agriculture (MoA), NGOs and relevant FAO technical units in headquarters, at regional level (RAF) and sub-regional level (Sub regional Office for Southern Africa (SFS) and in close collaboration with Administrative and technical units in FAO Zambia.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- In collaboration with the SIFAZ technical team, outline information-packaging needs highlighting smallholder farmer’s agribusiness performance critical for SME decision making and linkage. Such information packaging to highlight scope, content and frequency of information taking into account the SIFAZ information management framework already in place and the smallholder farmers business plans
- Contribute to the support for development of agribusiness knowledge products, including analytical work and practical tools, related to the project agribusiness initiatives; promote knowledge sharing and best practices at meetings and conferences, and interacts national partners
- Facilitate engagement of provincial and district SMDOs, Cooperative Inspectors and DMDOs to identify key milestones, cooperative preparedness and partnership with SMEs. The focus is to ensure the provincial marketing team has clear plan for private sector engagement and facilitation of farmer and SME partnership. This will include supporting provincial and district teams to organize and undertake smallholder farmer and SME partnership facilitation events
- Facilitate in consultative process to identify and engage potential SMEs operating in farmer locations targeted by the project (identified at national, provincial and district level) to partner with farmer cooperatives in produce off taking, financing, input provision and mechanization needs for smallholder farmers. This will include identification of SMEs relative to the functional collaboration required by the project (off taking, financing, mechanization, etc)
- Support drafting and negotiating of partnership framework involving smallholder farmers, the SIFAZ project and identified private sector (SMEs). This framework to clearly outline the key contribution of each stakeholder (smallholder farmers, the SIFAZ project, the Private Sector) into the partnership and key commitments to be upheld by each stakeholder to ensure the successful management of the partnership. This activity will include highlighting key requirements for each of the SME category (off taking, financing, mechanization, etc)
- Support any other activities critical to ensuring that the agribusiness strategy of the SIFAZ project is responsive to successful partnering of smallholder farmers and SMEs
Qualification & Experience:
- Advanced university degree in public or business administration, finance, accounting, economics, social sciences or other fields related to the FAO mandate;
- At least Five years of relevant experience in project management/operations and support;
- Working knowledge of the English language [ie. spoken and written]
- Should be a Zambian National
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply FAO Agribusiness Specialist Jobs 2022
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 08 June 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.