EDC Senior Reading Advisor Jobs 2021 – Zambia Jobs. EDC Zambia programme looking for “Senior Reading Advisor“. Applicants with a Master’s degree in Education may apply on or before May 19, 2021.
Education Development Center (EDC) is a global nonprofit that advances lasting solutions to improve education, promote health, and expand economic opportunity. Since 1958, we have been a leader in designing, implementing, and evaluating powerful and innovative programs in more than 80 countries around the world.
EDC Senior Reading Advisor Jobs 2021
The EDC has published a job vacancy announcement on 08 May 2021 for qualified Zambia’s to fill in the vacant post of Senior Reading Advisor to be based in Lusaka, Zambia.
|Recruiter||Education Development Center (EDC)|
|Position||Senior Reading Advisor|
|Total Vacant Post||01|
|Qualification||Master’s degree in Education|
|Experience Required||Ten years|
|Application Deadline||May 19, 2021|
EDC Job Vacancy 2021
Job Purpose: The Senior Reading Advisor (SRA) is based in Lusaka. The SRA will provide overall technical leadership for the USAID Let’s Read project promoting Zambia’s Primary Literacy Programme (PLP), including guidance for the project’s support to improved reading instruction – including policy review related to local language instruction, teacher professional development, and coaching, standardized formative assessment, as well as materials development with a focus on integrating gender and disability-inclusive approaches. Additionally, the SRA will work to ensure complementarily of activity approaches in reading across project regions, collaborating closely with Ministry of General Education (MoGE) officials in both teacher Education and Specialized Services (TESS) and the Curriculum Development Centre (CDC), as well as the project’s Reading and Monitoring & Evaluation/Performance Tracking System Teams.
- Provide overall technical oversight and guidance to program work related to improving instruction on early grade reading, enhancing delivery systems for better early grade reading instruction, and increasing family and community engagement in early grade reading;
- Manage technical staff working on materials development, training, and liaising with private publishers;
- Guide program staff on essential components of reading programs, including curriculum design, lesson planning, instructional approach, teacher professional development, materials development and distribution, classroom-level assessment, and large-scale assessment, to develop and integrate highly effective activities for maximum effectiveness at the program level;
- Guide program staff with expertise in materials development, including appropriate scoping and sequencing of leveled texts in multiple languages;
- Essential: Master’s degree in Education, Literacy, Language/Linguistics or a related field, preferably with a specialty in early grade reading..
- Desirable: The candidate for the position of Senior Reading Advisor shall have at a minimum the following qualifications.
- Ten years of demonstrated experience working in improving early grade reading, teacher professional development, and education policy
- Contract Type: Full-time
- Language: Fluency in English is required.
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply EDC Senior Reading Advisor Jobs 2021
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: May 19, 2021
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.